The Goodfic Bin 1,255 members · 1,297 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
HapHazred
Group Admin

So, then there was this thread.

I understand that there are a whole load of authors who make their voices heard (because that's part of the game) but there are around 500 odd people who are quite possibly just here for the reads.

This thread is a place for them (and anyone else for that matter) to discuss the stories we feature here in the Goodfic Bin. We certainly have no shortage of stories at this point, and if they've gotten in, they're certainly worthwhile (personally, my accept/reject ratio is 44/61, to give you an idea of how selective we can be).

So, if you've read a story in here and you want to discuss, go right ahead! I should warn everyone, though, that spoiling a story here is not considered an offence, so enter at your own risk.

And maybe someone is going to wonder why none of my stories are in here...

So, here you are. Enjoy, talk, and try not to gouge out your eyes.

HapHazred
Group Admin

I've been having trouble getting people to read my story "a new eclipse" and I can't seem to post it into the files on the good fic bin. I worked hard on my story and want to get more feedback from my readers.mif anyone has any tips I could really use them.:ajbemused:

If anybody*

HapHazred
Group Admin

4329146 Figures that the first entry in a thread dedicated to other people's work is someone who doesn't know how to submit their own work.

We have a thread for that. It's called the Self Submissions Thread. You can find a link to it on the main page. Read the procedure for getting in carefully and we'll see if we want your story in the bin. Good luck!

Ok sorry for that, still figuring out how this site works. Thank you for the help.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4329158 No problem. (don't mind my whining, I've not had my coffee yet)

Also, use the reply button when replying to comments. It's the one that looks like >>, and is in the top right corner of the comments. Otherwise, I don't get a notification that you've replied to me.

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4329139 Ooohhh, shiny new thread.

It's all shiny and new! :rainbowkiss:

HapHazred
Group Admin

4329160 I prefer 'novel and highly reflective'.

BikerPon3
Group Admin
Charles Spratt
Group Admin

.personally, my accept/reject ratio is 44/61, to give you an idea of how selective we can be).

I did the math. You're the only majorly negative one here, Hap. I'm at 11/11, Winter's at 18/6, and MOTM is at 7/4. Then again, the self submissions do tend to be worse by design, I guess. Enjoy the numbers! Cheers :pinkiesmile:

If any one minds, I would like to talk about a story known as 'Get Him' which is featured in the files of this group.

4333464 I agree with you on that, it does seem that a lot of stories are not really known for their quality. Let's just be thankful we have Bride of Discord and A new Hero.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4333464 Sounds about right. I did end up accepting a fair bit more when I was doing normal subs.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4333656 I never read 'Get Him'. Winter reviewed it though, I think.

4333982 it's a great piece and a lot of work was obviously put into it

The chose your own ending part was quite unique on fimfiction. Something original at least.

We don't see a lot of fresh ideas nowadays like back when return of harmony was released. Kinda sad actually.

Don't know how many times I've listened to beyond her garden. It's stuff like videos from Woodentoaster that give this fandom hope. And many bronies take what we have for granted. I know why my fic has more dislikes than likes, but I'm trying to improve from my mistakes. Season 5 can hopefully bring in some fresh ideas for the brony community. And if not then people like Dr wolf and ink rose are there so there's that.:derpyderp2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20