The Goodfic Bin 1,255 members · 1,297 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
ShadowblazeCR
Group Admin

So, this will explain at least what standards should be met for the stories added. Yes, I know this could be considered my personal opinion, but I've seen enough stories with horrible 'stuff' and the 'right stuff' to know what's good and what's not good. This will be compiled of a list that should help the ones to be chosen.

-Have a correct title. It needs to at least have the title grammatically correct. I mean I took multiple stories out of the folder just off if that.
-Has a good ratio. Now, there's no really precise like to dislike ratio, but I can say there's a limit. Try not to add stories under a 1:1 like to dislike ratio.
-No self-inserts. They're basically wish-fulfillment stories. What's more to say.
-Good plot. Try to find stories without plot holes, convenient timing, OOCness, and so on.
-Original. Get some good, original stories in here. Ones that were the first to do that idea and do it well.

More will be added as time goes on.

How about no Mary sues of any kind.

4090838 Would an " original story" be say an adaption of another story? Even though practically no one has done an adaption of said story (to my knowledge) before?

ShadowblazeCR
Group Admin

I think that's just a different type of Fanfiction. But to answer your question, I'd say it depends on the story.

ShadowblazeCR
Group Admin

Ah, forgot about that one.

ShadowblazeCR
Group Admin

That'd be obvious, but yes I think I'll add that.

They're the ones whose complaint would be unreadable gibberish.

Duh.

4090838 How about well-done crossovers that use a material not heard of by many and does it well? Or crossovers using overdone material with a new, original twist that gives them a certain charm?

ShadowblazeCR
Group Admin

I think that would go under original .

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12