The Wonderverse 267 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
Witching Hour
Group Contributor

So... In my stories (Feel free to insert a shameless plug for you wonderful people to go read them here... I'm too brain-fried to do so at this time, since it's half-past three where I am right now), I'm working extensively with Auxiliary Corps members... The Unicorns and Earth Ponies that aren't broadly advertised as being Wonderbolts...

Recent episodes of Star Trek: DS9 and watching Star Trek (VII): Generations got me thinking - What ARE the ranks for these ponies? I mean... we know Captain and Commanders in the various Squads - and Spitfire's the top Captain... But what about the Aux. Corps?! :applejackconfused:

So my determination is thus: Pegasi are Commissioned officers... Ensign, Lieutenant (junior grade, and normal), Lt. Commander, Commander, Captain... You get the idea... But the proper/formal rank for Spitfire would be Fleet Captain (Captain in charge of other Captains)... Rather obvious when you think about it. :eeyup:

The Aux. Corps are all NCOs, or Non-Commissioned Officers. The highest rank they get is Master Chief Petty Officer... Though the "Petty Officer" often gets dropped. I DID hit a bit of a snag here, since Bliss is, in effect, the Chief Medical Officer... But y'know what? Fuggit. :rainbowwild: Another reason for putting the Aux. Corps as NCOs is to justify the gap that obviously exists between them and the pegasi Wonderbolts... I mean... It's obviously to the point where the Pegasi consider their Aux Corps little better than civilians!

Anyways... So there are the different departments and here's what I've got for the spread... Please note where I don't have a name listed, I haven't thought of one... I do take OCs... just shoot me a PM here with their description and some sort of basis for personification... :raritywink: Though reply here if you wanna make sure you get your NCO.

*Wonderbolts Master Chief - This is the pony that would basically be the go-between for the NCOs (Aux Corps) and Spitfire... Kinda like their voice to the Commissioned Officers.

*Operations Master Chief - Pony in charge of keeping the compound running smoothly... Oversees Janitorial, Mail, Administrative and Maintenance departments.

*~*Janitorial Chief Clean Sweep -This job should be FAIRLY self-explanatory... Pony in charge of the staff that keeps the place nice and clean (and that lovely shade of blue. :pinkiecrazy: )

*~*Mail Chief Lucky - As I recall, Lucky was in charge of the mail department, so I'll let Lucky describe what Lucky's job entails. :twilightsmile:

*~*Administrative Chief Twilight Velvet - Basically a glorified Secretary Pool. In charge of scheduling, orders, bills, accounting, etc.

*~*Maintenance Chief Rivet - I think we all know what Rivet does. :heart: :heart: :heart: This guy would also report to R&D (see below), but because he's so amazing, most times his 'superiors' just give him what he asks for, and a LOT of leeway. :pinkiehappy:

*Research & Development Master Chief Vellum Trace - A.K.A. "Ol' Velly" - Pony in charge of the Labs down in the basement. Need something strange either looked into or created? This is the pony you see.

*~*Sound Chief Piano Treble - Sound can have a lot of meanings. In this particular case, Treble is in charge of producing the soundtracks to go with Wonderbolt Shows, and the many ways sound can be used; distractions, flash-bang grenades, ear-splitting sirens... You get the idea.

*~*Offenses Chief - Along with the Defenses department, this pony really hasn't had much to do recently... Generally in charge of developing offensive ways to augment the pegasi.

*~*Illusions Chief - This pony was in charge of fooling the Cadets during the try-outs (PIE FIGHT!), and also with creating The Test for the Recruit-Trainees.

*~*Defenses Chief - As stated with the Offenses department, it's a pretty small group and they usually collaborate... However, they're also the ones that designed the flight suits and uniforms... Presumably with some extra tricks that no-one knows about. :raritystarry:

*Medical Master Chief Siren Bliss - As with Rivet, do we really need to explain what she does? :scootangel:

*Security Master Chief - I'm seeing this as the earth pony that's in charge of security around the compound... Much like the Military Police.

And now, it's almost 4am, and the witching hour has LONG since past, so I'mma go to bed now...
Looking forward to hearing people's thoughts on this!

*~*Mail Chief Lucky - As I recall, Lucky was in charge of the mail department, so I'll let Lucky describe what Lucky's job entails. :twilightsmile:

WAS the mail pony, he's got a better gig now. But his job was simple back then. Make sure the right pony got thebtight mail.

...you don't want to know how many times Fire Streak has opened Lightning's Mares Gone Wild magazines...

Witching Hour
Group Contributor

S'pose that's true... But he's still Mail Chief for the point in the timeline I'm at... Wanna name Lucky's successor? :raritywink:

4638626...best catch up then.

As for a replacement... I'll leave that to Calm.

Witching Hour
Group Contributor

Despite how awesome our dear Calm is, catching up is easier said than done... :unsuresweetie: Right now, I'm right around Weight of Responsibility. I have plans for what my OCs are up to in the current events... But those are so many chapters away...

4638763 Oh... oh damn. So you've not even started PtH yet!

Still, WoR is one of my faves!:raritywink:

Witching Hour
Group Contributor

WoR is fantastic... It gets beaten out by Hard Pressed to Impress and Flaws of Perfection, but I really loved AJ and Thunderlane's development in WoR, which made Thunderlane's showing at the Try-Outs so awesome.

And yeah... Haven't even started on following PtH yet... One of my sequels alone has 9 chapters I need to write (which I anticipate needing at least 2 months for), and the other sequel is presently undetermined in length, but I'm gonna try for a similar length... And I'm writing them at the same time. :pinkiecrazy:

Anyhow... Topic at hand - Like the rankings I plotted out? Suggestions for consolidation/rearrangement/etc?

4638780 Firstly...

Administrative Chief Twilight Velvet

You know that's Twilight's mother, right?

Secondly, they're all about right, having been in the RAF for 4 1/2 years.

Thirdly... I got a little, one shot back story that explains who Lucky is. Not sure if Calm made it canon or not, that;s up to him.

Witching Hour
Group Contributor

1 - I am aware of that, actually. I almost had her take Vellum Trace's spot in R&D. :twilightsheepish: Is mostly lulzy and I'm not horribly attached to it, but it makes sense in this medicated mess I call a brain...

2 - Extensive amounts of Star Trek + MANY relatives serving in the US armed forces + about 90 minutes staring at wikis about the Starfleet ranking system for NCOs = not too terrible of a scheme.

3 - I DID read it! :pinkiehappy: I was super entertained by it! Even if it's not canon, I might use it. :raritywink: Wouldn't be the first time I started working my future events around others' writings. :scootangel:

Sylvian
Group Contributor

Nice to see this up on the forums :ajsmug:

I'd comment more, but I just stopped in to check up on things before bolting out the door!

4639021 ...you know, that would be pretty cool.

Witching Hour
Group Contributor

OMG YES!!! :raritystarry:
**Stamps with Official Headcanon Stamp** :eeyup:

Have a good trip Syl!

Calm Wind
Group Admin

btw, she means that the timeline for her Wonderverse fics isn't in PTH yet :scootangel: She's definitely read all the way through PTH so far :pinkiecrazy:

4642949 Ooooh, I get you.

Also, we, the avid readers, petition you to make Derpy Lucky's replacement. We know Storm would be happy with it.

Calm Wind
Group Admin

while i did nod at that idea i, and it would be easy to implement... i'll have to wait and see if it will work going forward with other things i have planned :moustache:

Witching Hour
Group Contributor

It's true!!! :pinkiehappy:

Yeah... I'm caught up on all the Wonderverse. That was... two weeks of my life initially? I think Part 3 of PtH had started by the time I finally caught up? :scootangel:

HOPE IT CAN!!! :twistnerd:

Sylvian
Group Contributor

*Slowly puts a "Derpy for MailChief 2015" poster in his window*

*Cough* You saw nothing.

Witching Hour
Group Contributor

Bumping this -

I'm serious peeps... If any of you have OCs that you want to have be in the Wonderbolt Auxiliary staff, let me know! I've had to move a few names about due to canon stuff being revealed, but these spots are still open... :pinkiehappy:

I think I might have an oc for the illusions department.

Witching Hour
Group Contributor

PM me over on Discord and we can talk about it. :scootangel:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23