The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 82 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Walabio
Group Admin

You may have noticed that I did not post a discussion -topic last week. That is because I noticed that I did not get much response from the previous posts, so I sought controversy. I started doing investigative journalism for 1 controversial (controversy equals more responses) discussion-topic, but found sufficient controversial material for an whole controversial series. Unfortunately, part 1 will not be ready until April, and I do not want to keep you hanging that long, so here is a stopgap Discussion-Post:

We should have only 1 TimeZone For the whole world (GMT/UTC). I invented this idea as a child, but when I read 3001, realized that the idea has a very long history.

Please Discuss.

If this group ever gets together over IRC, Skype, FaceTime, et cetera, we should use GMT/UTC for scheduling:

It really gets my goat when I get an email stating to show up for a chat with a time with no indication of timezone. Evidently, I am suppose to hangout all day long until the pony goes online.. It is not as bad if the pony gives the local time of the pony, but that implies that the pony feels superior to everypony else:

“¡Screw you all! ¡Only my timezone is important!”

The nice thing to do is to give all times (GMT/UTC).

Please Discuss.

Post Scriptum:

I shall lay down the law and require that all ChatScheduling use (GMT/UTC) for this group. At sometime, I should write a FAQ for this group.

Walabio, no offense, but you're the last person I'd allow to write standards. :pinkiehappy:

You are formal enough for industry, but too formal for social gatherings.

Walabio
Group Admin

Like I wrote this is a stopgap post. It is more of a sequel to the post about DayLightSavingTime. The series upon which I work will be so controversial that Diamond Tiara would refuse to publish it in the FoalFreePress.

I do not get why ponies do not want 1 TimeZone for the whole world. As for Using GMT/UTC for ChatScheduling, that seems like a no brainer to me.

Bah. UTC is so last millennium. I use Swatch Internet Time! Let's have the chat @060! :)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4