PC Gamers 98 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

The first and last time I played Call of Duty it was at a friends house five or six years ago, a simple 1V1 game with a friend of mine... I was absolutely terrible and never managed to get a kill. Nothing really stood out to me, with the exception of one event, My opponent had reached the roof of a nearby building with a sniper rifle, I was expecting him to behave like a traditional sniper... however, his actions there left a negative impression on me for the rest of my time in that game, he jumped and spun around, killing me while in a freefall, he called it a "360 No-Scope" I found the action strange... If this was a real combat situation, I suspect he would have broken his legs and been court marshaled for his outlandish behavior.

Before this I was exclusively an RTS gamer, I grew up with games like Command and Conquer, Dawn of War, and Civ... Due to this, the moment I saw gameplay of an FPS, I was offended. "These people are unorganized barbarians devoid of a Command Structure or any semblance of order!" While playing Multiplayer games, mostly Robocraft and War Thunder I attempted to set up a rudimentary command structure, however the other players didn't follow any commands I gave them, and when I gave the position of command to another player they ignored their duties as Commander and paid more attention to themselves rather than winning! From that point onwards I gave up on Multiplayer gaming forever... Discovering that the other gamers of the world were Undisciplined, Vulgar, Arrogant, Ignorant, and above all else Paid no attention to the ways that combat should be carried out!

Normally I would just sit by and play my XCOM 2, Civ 5, and Dawn of War Soulstorm in peace, away from the barbarism of the Multiplayer world, however I am discovering more and more that my way of life is being threatened by these uncivilized hoards of mindless humanoids. Overwatch and Team Fortress 2 was one thing, I could forgive them for their story, The characters were mercenaries, so logically they wouldn't know the first thing about discipline or order! But then more and more of these shitty FPSs were being released with everything from Call of Duty, to Fortnite! and the only semblance of order in this sea of incompetence and chaos is Totally Accurate Battle Simulator (T.A.B.S), but that has yet to be released! More and more my market is being overthrown by the Multiplayer world of terror and anarchy! and I have come here to complain and get this anger off my chest for the time being... Hopefully find a loyal comrade who understands my struggle and hates the Multiplayer genre as much as me. But knowing this fandom I doubt it (Seriously I have yet to find a single good piece of music from this fandom, it's all idiotic pop and dull electronics, wheres my HEAVY METAL!)

You know there are games like ARMA or Squad that fill a much more military sim role, right? Perhaps most people don't want the fun-sucking rigid structure of the military thrust upon them whenever they play a game like CoD, Battlefield, or Fortnite?

T4E

I'm aware that this is a personal problem, the part that gets me is that all the games being made right now are FPSs and Since XCOM 2 I haven't heard of a new Strategy game. That part that angers me is that we are no longer producing the kind of games that I like.

I've never been much into multiplayer, unless it's cooperative, but even I knew not to expect people to behave in the way you want them to. Your expectations are WAY too high and too rigid; the multiplayer gaming world would definitely be better off without you.

That's mostly due to me living most of my life with Strategy games, where everyone does act the way you expect them to. I'm aware that I have high expectations, but I find it hard to change that.

Maybe instead of trying to get random multiplayer inhabitants to behave the way you want them to, find a group of friends you can trust to follow you and play with them. That might make the FPS experience better.

I would, but my friends don't play the same games as me. But I have gotten back into War Thunder after 3 years away, and the game as a lot better than I remember it being... My way of getting around the things I don't like in Multiplayer games is to simply ignore them, and so far it's working... But there is a reason why I quit War Thunder years ago.

My problem is production... Less tactical games are being made, and the market is being overrun by Co-Op and PVP games, less and less Single-Player games are being released with every passing year. But yes It was partially to complain, and I could have been a bit clearer about my specific problem.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10