Sword Art Online: Remastered 199 members · 26 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

{I used to be a member here, but IRL reasons forced me off the site for several months. When I came back, I needed to cut down on my feed notifications, and left the group. As such, the rules may have change while I was gone. My apologies if it does.}

I was recently granted a week of free time over Winter Break, so I rewatched all of the available episodes of SAO and SAO II. This session of binge-watching rekindled my interested in the anime, which had fallen to the wayside quite some time ago. Upon finishing the second season, I found myself googling "SAO memes", a few of which were to the effect of the following.

Beforehand, I'd never particularly investigated the light novels, or the manga. After a quick Google search, I found a pdf containing the entire Aincrad arc of the light novels, and the first installation of the manga.

So, the question I'm asking: which should I view first? The light novels, or the manga?

5099585 While I haven't read them myself, I'd probably go with the Light Novels. That is kinda where they started.

Kaffeina
Group Contributor

SHARE THE LINK PLEASE

Go for the ln first. It goes into a few details that the anime skims over. The pacing is also way better then the show. I'm not sure if the manga follows the anime pacing or the novels, but, to me, it's like looking at a storyboard with voice bubbles attached. I just don't see a point, considering the manga came out after the anime.

5099652 Alright. Thanks, I'm on Chapter 3 already, so that works.
5099656 Okay, here's the light novel, and here's the manga. Unfortunately, I made a mistake, and the manga isn't a pdf. Sorry.
5099718 Okay, thanks.

Kaffeina
Group Contributor

Thank you very much

ShadowblazeCR
Group Admin

Good to see you up and running. I've watched the series, movie, and extra stuff, read the manga and extra things (I'm pretty sure, it's been awhile) and read girls ops. I've also read the main light novels and the progressive novels. So, with that I would reccomend this order, including the anime even though you saw it, from beginning to end.

1. SAO Season 1
2. SAO Movie
3. SAO Season 2
4. Next SAO movie (when it comes out)
5. SAO Offline
6. Volume 1-6
7. Progressive 1-3
8. Girls Ops 1-2
9. Manga
10. 4-Koma

If I missed anything, I'd appreciate it if you told me.

I never read any of the written works, but the show is excellent.

5106547 I've recently made an effort to get more involved with the site abroad. Honestly, I'm just sorry I abandoned this group.

Alrighty, thanks. But considering I didn't know half of that list existed, I'll have my work cut out for me. :twilightsheepish:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9