Harmonists' Archive 346 members · 1,249 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

I've finally gotten started on the third one-shot in a series that started with "Snapped" and continued with "Broken". This will be the last in the series, and I need to decide on a title. I want to keep the "emotion-heavy past-tense verb" theme, so I have it whittled down to four choices.

I can't say too much that will give away anything from the previous stories, but all I can say is that it involves repeated time travel, insanity, and the realization/irony that some things can't be changed.

Here are the four titles I have chosen:

SHATTERED

FRACTURED

SPLINTERED

DAMAGED

Whichever one you like best, comment, and I'll tally it up. I'll bump it every now and then for more votes; the story's not done yet, so take your time.

Thanks. :twilightsmile:

4357823 I like fractured, because I'm studying the fracture of beams and solid materials for exams.

I was gonna say Third times a snap

Fractured I guess

Shattered and Damaged as the last.

4357823 Fractured. Sounds cooler

sounds sexy.

i'm going with Fractured... but it'd seem smarter if your titles gradually built up to "Broken"

Ex: Fractured, then Damaged, then Broken, with the adjectives of describing damage gradually growing greater and greater

4357823 "Shattered"

Why? It involves sanity breaking, a weak construct being shattered. The line of time, stream of time, which most people deem to go in only one direction, is being shattered into many smaller lines, used to get back in time. We say: "Your beliefs have been shattered", not "Your beliefs have been fractured / splintered": We could say: "Your beliefs have been damaged." but that wouldn't quite show how devastating the realisation was. It makes it sound like there was a small point against it, but its still pretty good. No, a dawning realisation, a realisation you don't want, needs "Shattered".

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10