Fimfiction API 127 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Hi,

This is, I realise, an unconventional request - and I've been sitting on it for months wondering whether or not I should even try - but I'm only going to find out for sure if I ask. If your answer is 'no', then I'll just go and ritually disembowel myself quietly in the corner and not bother you again. Anyway, the question is:

Would it be possible to add a story to this group?

The story in question is not a dumb meta crackfic about bronies and this site. It's a Friendship is Optimal story, which means it's set on an Earth that has a pony fandom, or had until they all uploaded their brains. The unconventional format it's written in means it does directly reference the Fimfiction API* as a plot point.

( * as of 2014, in the Optimalverse - how much of an API was there in 2014?)

I'm fairly sure you're going to say that this group isn't here for stories, which is why there are no folders to put them in. And that's understandable, since opening the gates would potentially invite in a great many of the aforementioned crackfics. I just wondered if an exception might be made?

No, proceed with your disembowelment. As unlikely as that is to come to pass, it is more likely than your story being added. There is no point. In fact, you've already advertised your story to this group more than you ought to have because as you already noticed, this isn't a group for stories.

I know you think you just want a few more readers or something, but this is the sort of annoyance of a telemarketer calling at dinnertime because you know people are home for dinner to answer the phone. You are that guy.

Lithl #3 · Apr 30th, 2018 · · 1 ·

To answer the actual question asked, though, the API that this group exists for did not exist at all in 2014. There was a predecessor, but I'm not sure when that was created.

API, exceptions.. Did you write the story in C++? )

The only stories that should really be added here would be ones to test edge cases and code, IMO.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5