Weird Ideas Done Seriously 225 members · 560 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Everyone likes Sweetie Bot. The first thing that comes to mind when I think back to Friendship is Witchcraft is Sweetie Bot. She's had the most fanart. Even the MLP creators put Sweetie Bot in Equestria Girls as a vending machine in the scene with Trixie.

One thing that's been on my mind is that it would make so much more sense if Maud Pie turned out to be a robot. This is a headcanon that would probably only lead to a crackfic, but it just makes too much sense to me.
- Maud Pie shows little to no emotions in a way that many robots are supposed to be programmed to be. (I think it's one of the big three rules of robots - One of them being "Do not harm humans".) This may also explain her porr social skills. (After all, when does Syri care that you're pissed off?)
- Maud Pie has an incredibly hard body. She can punch through hundreds of pounds of rocks and has teeth strong enough to chew stones. While in other episodes like Dragonshy, we see the Mane 6 go through rocks, it's more like a cartoony effect that's glanced over as opposed to in Maud's situation in which the focus is put on the fact that she can crush boulders. Maybe this could be possible through mechanical strength and a metalic body.
- Maud Pie seems like the odd one in the family. Now, this mostly comes from my own theories, but had Pinkie not seen the Sonic Rainboom and became the Pinkie Pie we all know, I'd be willing to bet that Maud would be the wierd one. Pinkie's first party kind of proves that she and the family eat normal food, but we do know that Maud eats rocks.

Well, that's my thoughts. Any problem with this headcanon?

4082043 Not inherently, I don't think. I'd have to watch the episode again.

If you plan on writing a story on it you'd have to establish how she was created and who created her. Depending on the nature of the story, a simple 'it was magic' usually doesn't cut it because if the only thing you need to make a robot is magic, it would have been done before.

Honestly, though, I rather like the idea. It seems like you put some thought into it.

Any ideas for a story to use this theory in yet?

At one point, I wanted to do a drama with this idea, but it'd get too ridiculous, there wasn't going to be much of an actual plot, and I couldn't work out her origin so I gave up on it a long time ago.

You can do this fic if you want. Likely, if I end up using this idea, it'll be for a short arc in my fic, Crystal Clear, but it'll mostly be played out for a laugh. If you are doing it, PM and give me a credit in the description.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3