Heavy Metal Bronies 70 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
thegamerator10
Group Admin

Basically, how'd you discover Heavy Metal?

In the comment box below, share your story on how you discovered this badass genre.:yay:

Guitar Hero.

There is something wrong with me...

My friend showed it to me in high school, and I've pretty much been hooked ever since.:moustache:

thegamerator10
Group Admin

My dad listened to it (The first Metal songs I liked were HammerFall's Hearts on Fire and Nightwish's Bye-Bye, Beautiful, but they didn't hook me.), got curious in June of either 2012 or 2013, which is ironic because one month later (I think), I'm in the fandom I used to hate (Gee, I wonder which one it could be? It couldn't be MLP, could it?). I started by listening to The Trooper (Iron Maiden), Flash of the Blade (Iron Maiden), and Iron Man (Black Sabbath). It's been my favorite genre ever since.
Favorite song before metalhead days: Home (Phillip Phillips)
Favorite song during first metalhead days: The Trooper (Iron Maiden)
Favorite song currently: Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath)

Seriously, how come I went so long without noticing this stuff? This stuff is 20% cooler than badass!!:yay:

Well, when my dad makes his amazing breakfasts, he starts blasting music to cook to. Now, most of the time, he blasts James Brown, the Apples, etc., but sometimes he starts blasting heavier stuff, like Black Sabbath, Primus, and Stormtroopers of Death. One day, I got curious about Primus, listened to them, and then I was hooked. And then I listened to Black Sabbath. And then Stormtroopers of Death. Sausage. WASP. Megadeth. So on and so forth, until we got where we are today, where I listen to Satan's Satyrs and Blue Cheer.

I had liked Motley Crue and the Beatles before this, but that is how I really got in to metal.

3687552 When I was 10 years old, my older brother and I went to a record store that sadly no longer exists in our town and he bought me Metallica's third studio album Master of Puppets. We went back home and listened to it later that day. I liked the sound so much that ever since I bought Metallica albums and even listened to other metal bands like Disturbed, Megadeth and so on.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8