The Chase Group 423 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

I finally figured it out. Why I've been so uppity with Kudz and his Prince Peacock.
And it came to me while rewatching the show the other day.

I'm Quibble Pants.

I got on the Kudz train very early, way back in the To Dance in Darkness days, which is now several million horse words ago.
I loved the dark and not so bubbly writing style, the very grim setting, and even the more twist of the knife turns the story went.
And then the Chase happened, and it was glorious. I even started to like some of the more ancillary characters like his adopted suns and the whole Diamond Tiara arc. So much so that I went for one of the higher Patron levels to be part of the Shadowbolt program and then a family member tier when Kudz was having financial troubles.

But as time went on, and the writing style grew, evolved and changed, my taste did not. As the focus went from adults, or almost adults to parents and children I found myself waiting longer and longer for another scene that would pull me back in. And as time went on those moments became fewer and fewer. So closed FIM and watched "Stranger than Fiction". And I hit me, I'm Quibble Pants. I liked the old no realizing that the author can and will grow in a different direction. While the majority, if likes and dislikes are to be believed, are more like Rainbow Dash from that episode.

And I feel so much better having realized this.

Good day.

True, I'm like that in away but I still like his other stuff even if he cut out some of the more adult stuffs. But hey I'm still trying to support him as much as I can.

I personally read and write stories that are entertaining and fun (basically escapism stuff), not stories that are meaningful and deep. That makes me the exact opposite of what Kudz is, yet I'm still here, following his works.

5852571 the dark originally pulled me in too. Still waiting for some of those stories to update. However I appreciate anything kudzu produces. I'm a proud supporter and in for the long game.

5852571 I feel so bittersweet about this. Bitter, because you weren't able to enjoy The Chase like you used to. Sweet, because now that you figured it all out, you have made peace with this.

Personally I LOVE The Chase, in fact I prefer it to The Weedverse. I mean for one thing, none of the characters are quite as amazingly adorable as Harpy. Plus too much is too spread out, with different stories going on during different times. I liked the more linear nature of The Chase, compared to the strange branching approach that The Weedverse has taken over time. So if anything, I'm kind of like the reverse of you, except I still like both.
Unfortunately The Chase & it's prequel are both overdue for updates, while The Chase keeps chugging along producing new updates, including new stories that screw with the timeline, by taking place years before the Mainline Chase Stories happen. I mean I still read and enjoy them, but...it's just not quite as amazing as when I first started the Weedverse.

Pretty sure those stories are on perma-hiatus. With all the creative juices going to the weedverse the chaseverse is going to stay dormant for the forseeable future.

5854226 This makes me very sad T_T

Though I am sure that you are right

5852571 huh. That makes sense...

Im remided of Comet Burst. When he did a tone shift from his first story to his sequel, no matter how slow a transition it was, people backed off. It was different and they didn't take it.

I think the only response I'm okay with this is because one day I'll be reading The Chronicles of Narnia, the next Ill be going through the Horus Heresy series.

On a side note. KUDZ! Im curious, has Dash slept with Quible Pants in the weedverse? If she will "sleep with almost anypony" i find a need to know this.

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

On a side note. KUDZ! Im curious, has Dash slept with Quible Pants in the weedverse? If she will "sleep with almost anypony" i find a need to know this.

:rainbowderp:

5858502 is that a yes?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10