The Chase Group 423 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

To help them out, summarise The Chase in 150,000 words or less.

This might also be useful for the voiceover folks.

Bucky is a clever pony, which is another way of saying a cheater. Watch in awe as he clevers his way into a marriage, civil service, and war all in the name of defying what everyone who is superior in standing to him claims is his destiny.

other stuff happens too, some of it is kinda funny.

4596301 Bucky likes three things: 1. Sex 2. His Herd 3. His Griffons

I'd like to think that summarizes The Chase

There are new people starting the marathon

Wait what's going on ???

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

There are new runners.

4596337 I'm sorry but I am drawing a rather large blank here.......
Can I get a refresher ?

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

There are new people reading The Chase. Chase fans are called Runners.

New runners = marathon.

4596349 *facehoof*
Ok....... Wow, I am really not myself today...... Sorry about that kudz.

Prepare to embark on an epic journey span multiple generations, continents, and pantheons. A fanfiction of MLP: FIM so great its writing exceeds the source material by orders of magnitude. Centered initially on Buckminster Bitters, a powerful but unsuspecting stallion as he makes his way to Ponyville to follow his life’s ambition of brewing beer. But Fate, quite literally would decide that he would have to jump through some hoops to get there first.
Enter Derpy Do Hooves, single mare and mother of one as she finds infatuation with aforementioned stallion. What follows is a whirlwind romance and courtship breaking down false preconceptions and miscommunications between the three tribes: Earth Pony, Unicorn, and Pegasus. From there the story branches out into different relationships and eventually sparks into a literal war as politics and the status quo is thrown into upheaval. What follows are trials that nopony should endure alone, and thankfully for Bucky, his newly formed herd will be able to see him through thick and thin.
A word of warning, this is no saccharine sweet slice of life story. There will be blood, there will be dismemberment, death on a grand scale, scientific and magical experimentation, the undead, the wrath of immortal deities, and lots and lots of sex. Little colts and fillies have to come from somewhere.
The author takes almost every facet of the show and either explains plot holes from the source material or crafts his own that synergizes so well you’d swear you saw aspects of it in an episodes. In addition to either cameos or whole story arcs centered on the ponies we’ve come to love or loathe there are a plethora of OC’s to learn about, adventure with, and fall in love with as you plunge through chapter after chapter.
Clear your calendar, don’t make any plans, make some popcorn and crack a two liter, because you are going NO WHERE. This work is dwarfs War and Peace, Game of Thrones, and the works of Shakespeare combined.
We’ve all been forced to do things in life we weren’t comfortable with or never even conceived of doing. Open the link and see just how far one stallion and his family will go to avoid destiny!

4596301 mr bones ride never ends also I am a new runner my self you sir have made one of the greatest if not the best mlp fanfics I have ever come across in my life time

It's kind of a metaphor. Glhfhfhf.

Here is a rundown of what's happened, with about 98% of the details left out:

An entity referred to as an "Omnicorn" made everything, then it broke.
Bad stuff happens.
Bucky comes in, crashes into hello with Derpy, falls in love.
Bucky meets other ponies, and his family grows.
Bad stuff happens in the Shetland Isles, Bucky nearly dies, then it gets better.
Bucky meets other ponies, a kelpie, and a griffon, Bucky nearly dies, and his family grows.
Bad stuff happens in Ponyville, Bucky doesn't quite nearly die, then it gets better.
Bucky meets other ponies, diamond dogs, griffons, and various deities/demons of varying origins, kills and/or befriends some, and his family grows.
Bad stuff happens in Griffonholm, city is incinerated, then it snows a lot.
Bucky meets other ponies, meets several griffons, saves the griffon race from extinction, and his family grows.
Bad stuff happens in other parts of the world, GUNS GUNS GUNS, war, Bucky nearly dies, gets better, family is still growing.

For the TL:DR crowd, here it is as follows:

Omnicorn made stuff.
Omnicorn says Bucky will kill stuff.
Bucky says "NO!"
Bucky tries to fix it, and ends up killing stuff that tries to stop him.

If that is STILL too long, let me make it even shorter:

"Tag, your it."
"NO!"
*runs away*

And for those of you who don't know how to read more than a single sentence:

Foals.

And finally, for those who can't read:

:derpytongue2:

Yeah, summarize. Okay then.

That's like trying to break a Nokia, it just doesn't work.
Even my summarizing above doesn't do it justice.

I was curious, and counted the dialog in The Chase.
I haven't yet gotten it broken down by char, but there are around 880K words in quotes, and 1M words not.

I'd like to read summary.
I'm done with little over 200 chapters.
I will try to read it more, but some head-up of what to expect in character development and story settings will be nice.
Just to regain some lost sense in heroes' actions now.

Or is it just a joke?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17