Write For Fun, Not Fame 1,246 members · 5,510 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Sorry for disturbing humble bronies and pegasisters, but I noticed when I was skimming the characters for my new story (no spoilers) that Aria Blaze looks a lot like Starlight Glimmer, with their turquoise mane stripe and their palettes. I know I'm probably wrong and that Hasbro studios probably just had forgotten about Aria's design and it came vaguely to their minds and they thought it was a new design. It was just something that caught my attention.

Thanks.

4424739 This feels like the hundredth time, but she is not Aria Blaze. They sound different. They have different names. They have different goals. They have different ways to reach their goals. They come with different numbers. They are different species. They have - slightly - different colors. They have different magic.

Starlight Glimmer is not Aria Blaze.

Trust me, you are far from the only person to notice the similarities between those two.

I think that they're related some how. I mean, it does make sense.

Aria is an entirely different species, even back when she lived in the land of equestria

yeah, I know, it just caught my eye, thx for being kind in that I know lots would shout to my face :)

I know, I guess after watching things like Gravity Falls and seeing gamers play FNAF I just tend to notice mistakes ^^ and mysteries. I know that Hasbro studios probably didn't make them similar on purpose. I dunno.

Thx for being polite :) (thts not sarcasm by the way, I know it might sound like it but no)

I really liked the fiendship is magic comic arc, that's where we got to see the sirens in their natural environment.

woah thx for that image, now that made it even clearer :D Yeah the colours differ a bit as Aria's are stronger in shade but tht I explain by Equality Town and I know I'm probably wrong but eh, who cares, theories and ideas :)

both are evil and Starlight Glimmer does seem to want to absorb power from others by taking their cutiemarks and making them weaker (tht just came to my head when I was writing this ^^)

Absorbaloffs. (Doctor Who reference I'm sorry

They pretty much have nothing to do with each other, unless Starlight is somehow over a thousand years old. In terms of character design, making two characters this similar is generally a bad thing, though there are only so many color combinations that look good on a pony, so it's not that weird.

Aria's coat would probably somewhat darker/deeper as a pony as well, as this is the case with Twilight, Sunset, all the Mane Six, etc.

I theorize that this is the actual color of the pony's skin underneath the coat.

I feel bad I can't view it tho I'm sure it was great. Welp, now I can't relate anymore :p

EDIT: WAIT SRY THAT CAN'T HAVE BEEN A TYPO YOU ACTUALLY MEANT FIENDSHIP I'M SRY (for capitals and my mistake.)

Makes sense, thts the problem with multicoloured ponies. Ony so many colours you can use. ^^

Exactly.
P.S. I plan to write a story explaining my theory.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14