Sonata Dusk 1,429 members · 642 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Well, I want to ask a simple question. Do you think that Sonata is stupid?

The thing is, many of the stories about her portray her that way. I don't know how often I already read a sentence like "Sonata knew that she wasn't the smartest girl, but [insert positive attribute her]"

I was a bit surprised by this, because I never saw her that way.

Yes I know, she truly does almost ruin the Dazzling's whole plan by spelling it out to Sunset right in the beginning, not to mention the taco incident.

However, I envisioned her more like some sort of "rather evil version of Pinkie" who cares more about fun than about world domination. I didn't take her slips of tongue as a sign of stupidity, but rather as a sign of alternating priorities. In fact, Sonata does not really seem to care too much about the plan at all. Every time she voices her own opinion, it is never even once about taking over CHS. This leads to my conclusion that she in fact just went along with the other two, without really caring about why.

Besides, Pinkie Pie might also have easily messed up the plan to stop Discord by stopping to drink chocolate rain and yet no one portraits her as stupid.

So what do you think? Are Sonata's slips a sign of playfulness and no real care for world domination, or is she just too stupid?

She may or may not be stupid, but she IS a ditz. You can be a ditz without being stupid.

I agree with you I just think she is ditsy and playful and does not care. I do dislike it when people make her out to be extremely stupid. I mean nobady is that stupid unless their parents droped them one to many times as an infant.

3865895 My perspective of her isn't evil, or stupid. She was born a siren, and thus, was basically forced into being their friend. You're right, she more than likely doesn't care about the plan. She just... wants to have fun, like Pinkie. Of the three, she's probably the most innocent. She rolled along with the other two because it's all she could do. She's not a mastermind, obviously. She never thought of befriending the ponies like Scorpan did, so Sonata had no choice but to enjoy the Dazzle's company to the best of her abilities, or somewhere around those regards. Does this make sense?

3865946 I do have to agree with that as well, I've always believed Sonata was with Aria and Adagio along with being evil because 1. They were the only other sirens in the (human) world, 2. They're the only friends she's ever had, and 3. Due to being a siren and only knowing the way to survive via negative energy given off by living creatures when they're arguing, fighting, etc., she has little choice but to go with the plan in order to survive.

Well.....she isn't the brightest star in the sky...I'd say we have to see more of her character to get a better understanding of her..

3865895 Sonata can't really be described as stupid. She's more of a loose cannon at times.

Whereas her brother (Which I'm writing about) Orchestral Chill is impatient, Sonata is more of a relaxed and more overeager character.

Also, if Sonata is that stupid, then how is it that she can sing with the other Dazzlings without a hitch? Wrap your head around that...

Sonata may not be a genius but she's not stupid

She's about as sharp as a sack of wet mice, as Foghorn Leghorn would put it.

But she's still best Siren. (Although Adagio's running a close second with some of the artwork I've seen recently)

3866870 Nah, Adagio's hair is way too poofy for that. I don't really like her (or Aria's) character design all that much. Those two look way too munch like some sort of Monster High dolls. I don't exactly hate them, but I won't really like them either.

I'm just waiting for this artist to bust out some Sonata artwork.

But, as to also keep this on-topic, I don't think Sonata's got either book-smarts or street-smarts. She's aware enough of her surroundings, but not the fine nuances.

She's stupid. But I love her for it <3

I like to think of her as being similar to Pinkie Pie or even Harley Quinn from Batman--lovably ditzy and really unfocused. Doesn't make her stupid by any means.

I think she's actually nice and she helps her kindred out of blood-bondage (my term for saying that she's obligated to help the rest of her species even though they don't share the same convictions as herself).

3865895 I agree with you. Cause all though she says/does stupid things she often catches herself and tries to correct it("oh yeah! What she said is what I meant to say, that's what I meant.....to say".) .And she doesn't always do stupid things; I thought she did a pretty good job pushing sunset shimmer around, and telling trixie to trap the rainbooms so they couldn't make it to the proformance. I her more as having a short attention span than just flat stupid.

3865895 I don't think she's stupid, but I do like to think she just lacks focus.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16