Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
trombrony98
Group Admin

Princess Celestia is in your bed. by ocalhoun
Comedy, Human, and Random
1,111 words

Grammar: 10/10
This is cleanly written, even if it's on the short side. Solidly written from beginning to end.
Characterization: 10/10
Celestia's shenanigans are hilarious, and don't fall too far outside the bounds of canon. From the moment she's introduced, she proudly shows both her royal and not-so-royal sides.
Use of Canon: N/A
The only canon involved here is Celestia, and I already covered that above.
Use of OCs: 8/10
The narrator, OC (Very original!) acts as more of a vector for the reader than an actual character. He gets a few bits of personality here and there, but feels like a blank slate for the reader to project on. Not a bad vector by any standards, but not outstanding, either.
Consistency: 10/10
Although the story only the question of what happened to the strawberry Fanta, the premise is never forgotten and there's no glaring changes in personality.
Coherence: 10/10
This story takes a concept that could have easily gone down the drain, and manages to make it work. Spectacularly. It flows well, the wording is well-chosen, it's just an excellent story in general.
Extras by Category:
Comedy: 7/7
I'm usually a quiet reader, but this one certainly made me chuckle. Celestia is a master of situational comedy, and OC is no slouch, either. Funniest thing I've read in a while. There's a good reason this inspired a whole subgenre of bed fics on the site.
Human:1/1
For a story involving a human, surprisingly well executed.
Random: 2/2
Novel concept? Check. And that's all there is to it.

Total: 58/60 96.7% ACCEPTED

Notes: Another excellent story by ocalhoun. Recommended reading for certain, if only to understand the whole fad.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1