Story Standards 268 members · 189 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
trombrony98
Group Admin

Long Road Home
22,775 words

Grammar: 10/10
Everything is well written. As far as I could tell, no grammatical or spelling errors.
Characterization: 8/10
Trixie is written as would be expected after her reformation, and Clara is written as a realistic young girl. My only complaint is that the other human characters fall flat.
Use of Show Canon: 10/10
Trixie's history is show consistent.
Plot Consistency: 9.5/10
Nothing happens that isn't logically explained by other events in the story. The letters from Twilight are ignored through the middle section, though, despite them playing a major part in the story.
Use of OCs: 8/10
Clara is very well written, having a worldview you'd expect from a 7 year old. The characters who appear in Chapter 7 and the epilogue fall flat, and felt irrelevant to the plot.
Coherence: 8/10
The story flows well from one chapter to the next, with the exception of Chapter 7 and the epilogue, which felt slightly forced. A bit of difficulty determining where the perspective changes from one character to the next due to poorly made page breaks.
Extra:
Slice of Life: 2/5
The individual chapters could qualify as slice of life, but the story has an overall more adventurous feel.
Human: 5/5
A definitive change to the normal plot of human dies and resurrects in Equestria. Having a child protagonist makes the story feel different than the typical self-insert human OC.

Total: 60.5/70 86.4% Accepted
Surprisingly, a good HiE story. It doesn't have a Mary Sue OC like most others, and keeps you hooked until the end.

Psi-nova
Group Contributor

3660187 Thanks! Your review captures exactly what I felt was up with the story, from the great HiE to the fantastic handling of Trixie post reformation. I agree the other humans are of little interest but *shrugs* they aren't exactly the key of the story :twilightsmile:

Glad you liked it!

Psi-nova
Group Contributor

3660187 And BlackSkulls is apparently too shy to say it here but she wanted to thank you for the review! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3