Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
trombrony98
Group Admin

Where's the Punchline, Celestia? by Darkryt Orbinautz
8615 words
Genre: Sad, Slice of Life
Grammar: 9/10
A few spelling errors, but nothing that distracts from the story's overall quality.
Characterization: 8/10
A few of the less featured characters were flanderized to some extent, and Applejack felt a bit out of character, but the main characters were well written.
Use of show canon: 10/10
Discounting the season 4 finale, the way the characters react to Discord is what is expected after he is reformed. Referenced to earlier events are all consistent with the show.
Plot Consistency: 10/10
Nothing is put into the story without being explaimed. Everything about the night before remains consistent throughout the story.
Coherence: 6/10
The plot is very introspective on both the personality of Discord and Twilight, but some details seem a little forced, especially with the Rarijack and Fluttermac shipping. The fact that Twilight knows she's pregnant and that her uterus has already enlarged are unrealistic.
Tagging: 5/10
This hardly qualifies as Slice of Life. A Slice of Life story is supposed to be about non-lifechanging day-to-day events. The Sad tag does fit somewhat, but would be a lot better if this was labeled as both Sad and Romance.

Final Score: 48/60 80% accepted
Overall, a fairly good story, but the tags don't do it justice. An excellent perspective on the life of Discord.

Psi-nova
Group Contributor

3644879 good work and I whole heartedly agree. People really do have issues with the tags sometimes. *shrugs*

YAY! My story got accepted!

Now, for the criticisms ... I've heard all of them before. I'll admit, I don't usually use proofreaders because I'm very independent, but someone to point out the flaws with the forced shipping and unrealistic details of the pregnancy before publication might have been a bit helpful here ...

Although this is the first time I've heard a complaint about the Slice of Life tag. I suppose for me, it's an issue or relativity, as I usually write about ponies fighting Decepticons or struggling with mental slime parasites. So, you know, an unwanted alcohol-caused pregnancy seems fairly Slice-of-Life-y by comparison.

Edit: I just noticed, you put "stories" when it should be "story's."

trombrony98
Group Admin

3646252 Fixed. The irony of it being in the grammar category.:derpytongue2:

The irony indeed.

Well, since this one passed, I guess I'll submit some other stories of mine. One of which I expect to fail, but it would at least be nice to know why it's so disliked.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5