Nonpareil Fiction 286 members · 273 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19
RaylanKrios
Group Admin

Like any good library we finally have a ribbon. Actually we've got 5.

If you make it into our library you can proudly display your choice of Nonpareil Fiction Approved Ribbons available in both Cider

pick whatever color you want

And Apple

And if you're a contest winner and you really feel like showing off you can display the Nonpareil Fiction ribbon for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence.

Technically we can't stop you from displaying whatever you want, but if you display a ribbon for an honor you didn't earn, you're kinda an asshole.

A big thanks to Visionary Gaze for designing our cider and apple ribbons and hugsforpenguin for designing our contest winners ribbons.

4273163 Oh man I gotta win that blue ribbon for Outstandingly Awesome Achievement in the Field of Supremely Superior Excellence.. for now I'll just go over my stories already in the group and attach ribbons to them.

Twi-Fi
Group Admin

That makes us official awesome! :rainbowwild:

Aw, look at us, joining the big leagues with our pretty little badges. FimFiction Scouts will need to start wearing specialty vests to pin these things on with how many there are now.

...now to get one of these for myself.

4273163 So we post the ribbons then? Want to make sure about that before I do something I'm not supposed to. :pinkiehappy:

RaylanKrios
Group Admin

4276513 Yep post them wherever you want, story, profile. Get a tattoo and take a selfie--whatever works for you.

4276530 How about taking a selfie of my tattoo while posting it on my story/profile? :raritywink:

I just barely saw this and need to figure out how to add the ribbon to things. Since the passing of Twi's Library (RIP Twi's Library :fluttercry:), I would say that this group is the new high quality group to aspire acceptance in to.

You haven't heard about Tag-a-long's Book Club? It's Twilight's Library's literal replacement, also administrated by arcum42 and some others. There's no submissions this time though, and no reviews; only a ribbon if any of the contributors happen to stumble across your story and add it of their own accord.
That said, getting added here via submission or dumb luck of an admin finding your story is also a thing to be proud of. Definitely go for it too.

...now to get one of these for myself.

I've got four so far. Keep up. :ajsmug::derpytongue2::raritywink:

4283606 Actually no, I haven't heard of that group. :twilightblush: In the meantime I'm wishing I would've waited to submit mine here until I had ch3 out, since the first two consist of mostly introductions and build up. Not to say I'm not very proud of how they turned out (because I am :pinkiesmile:), just the story hasn't fully gotten rolling yet. :twistnerd:

RaylanKrios
Group Admin

4283606 I feel obliged to point out that making it into any group is both a nice accolade but also ultimately a reflection of weather a small group of people deemed your fic worthy. We try to have standards, that try to be objective, but there are stories in our inbox that I don't think belong there, and I'm sure that I've added some that by fellow admins might not have.

So yeah add your stories to whatever groups you want and if you make it in then congrats, and if you don't then try to remember that it doesn't necessarily mean your story is "bad".

(Though if you make it into a bunch of library type groups then your story is probably at least somewhat objectively good, and if you fail at a lot of them then it's probably objectively bad in someway.)

4285439 How do I add those images to something?

RaylanKrios
Group Admin

On this site, right click, save the url and paste it into the picture box that appears when you click the add a picture button. (the one between the link and youtube).

Cool. I have two stories to put ribbons on. Too bad this has been done a billion times before, but it's nice to see we're up there with the other 'real' story groups.

We've got more ribbons than them, too.

:/

Any chance you could put the URLs below? They can't be got on mobile. Just a minor oversight.

Also, the link to Visionary Gaze's page doesn't work. Throws up a 404 error with that ever-adorable Rainbowloo hug.

Thought you might like to know.

Cheers. This is quite useful.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19