The Dusk Guard Saga 122 members · 14 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Viking ZX
Group Admin

Will the timeline finally make sense? Will we learn the identity of The Violet Heart? Will we learn whatever happened to Blade? Who is the Order of the Red Horn?

Speculate away, guys! You've only got three more days to do so!

Epileptic tree theory: It's all actually set up by the Princesses themselves, as a massive elaborate test/training for the Dusk Guard. But what are they being trained for? Dundundunnnn!

Just guessing here but I think The Order of the Red Horn is a cult that worships Sombra. This feels like it has a simularity to Agents of Shield...

C22

The Order of the Red Horn? Who the heck are they?

Their the group of cultists operating out of the big red horn looking thing in the first chapter, aka the Prologue.

Prediction: Sky Bolt will invent either some means of rapid ground transport, or will make a refit to the Hummingbird. Alternatively, she makes a heavy weapons platform out of a golem.

C22

I fell like I'm missing some thing here, what first chapter?

Viking ZX
Group Admin

There was an excerpt from the prologue (1/3rd of it, actually) posted some time back. Here's a link.

C22

The only thing I can gather from my knowledge of the prolouge and the side stories of the Dusk Guard it has something to do with the Ocean of Endless Ice (which maybe it's just me, but I can't find on the official maps) and King Sombra. So something Crystal Empire related? Also, at some point, Minty is going to reappear, but I'd actually peg that as later in the series. Oh, and I'm pretty sure Blade beats up a tavern of mercenaries at some point. Like Minty though, I think that will play in later, not in BtB. Do those consitute as predictions?
Three more days!

Edit: Aw dang it! Looks like Blade will be fighting those mercenaries earlier than I thought. (Oh, and if you want to know where I got that idea, it's here.)

I predict that Sunset Shimmer will finally find true love, get married, and change her name to Mrs. Not-Appearing-In-This-Story.

I'm taking bets on how long until Blade Sunchaser becomes a Dusk Guard. Very good odds, ladies and gentlecolts, very good odds! I mean, she just got upgraded to protagonist, so we're practically begging for a team-up against the mysterious and dastardly Knights Who Say Crysaaaalllllssssss! :yay:

Which will make Hunter/Hunted a very different story from what many suspected.

I was at first a little disappointed that we see none of the Dusk Guard five chapters in, but I realize that in 300,000 words, there's probably room for them to show up. Somewhere.

C22

Here's a random thought: The Violet Heart is the doctor

Going to copy my speculation over here.

Prediction: they have to pass through changeling territory before entering the frozen north while tracking down information relating to another note from the Violet Heart. That's my speculation.

Prediction for the far future: One of Sky Bolt's descendants winds up creating the equivalent of Thunderbirds 1-5 and the Dusk Guard uses them as rescue vehicles.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14