The Dusk Guard Saga 122 members · 14 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Viking ZX
Group Admin

Both stories hit sometime tomorrow morning, so here's the official launch thread, for all your speculation and prediction discussion! What's going to happen in this stories? What's coming to light? And how does it all play into the core saga as a whole?

Here's the synopsis for both:

Remembrance

After weeks of being on duty, First Lieutenant Hunter of the Dusk Guard is finally getting his day off—on a specific date of his own choosing. Most would use their day off for fun and games, seeing family, or just enjoying some well-deserved R&R. But not Hunter. He's going to visit someone special. Someone he sees once a year.

And this time, he's making the trip alone.

Trust

Not too long ago, Sergeant Major Dawn Triage, medic of the Dusk Guard, broke a rule. It was easy. Simple, even. No one said anything. No one even noticed. And it wasn't a major rule. She simply ... neglected ... to ask for permission from a patient of hers before running a test. It was only to indulge a faint curiosity, an interest that she was fairly certain would never achieve any actionable result. What harm could it do, she'd asked herself, if nothing ever came of it?

Perhaps she should have asked herself what would have happened if something had.

Enjoy!

Nice, one shots for each, or multi-chapters?

Viking ZX
Group Admin

Multiple chapters. "Remembrance," being longer, will update each Thursday, while "Trust" will have a staggered schedule to keep both stories in sync as much as possible.

3874417 Are these aiming both for more of who they are by looking back, or more insight into each person if you dont mind saying?

Viking ZX
Group Admin

You'll have to read them and find out! :pinkiehappy:

3874473 Heh, i intended to anyway, so nyah!

I was half-expecting Hunter's story to be about him running into Sunchaser, since it was mentioned she escaped in Carry On. But then we found out that these new stories take place after Beyond the Borderlands. This leads me to speculate we'll be seeing more of the wannabe blademaster there. Or in Hunter/Hunted, since Hunter's name is in the title.

And now we have a synopsis which sorta hints to some kinda grave site visit. Maybe. He could be visiting a friend who's not dead.

Hmm. Kinda wish I had time to stroll through Rise and look for clues. We've got one dead significant other, so it could be her. We've got Derpy, but he visits her as often as possible, not once a year. Blade's already on the lam...

I might actually be tapped for speculation at this point. The prologue for Beyond gave no clues for these stories at all. Or if it did, it was super-subtle about it.

I'm really looking forward to Dawn's ditty. To me, she's almost more standoffish than Sabra, since we haven't seen inside her head as much as his. We got tantalizing bits and pieces of her throughout Rise, but this has potential to show us who she is on a deeper level. She wasn't by the book in the first place, but this little jaunt into unauthorized testing may bite her on the rump.

Viking ZX
Group Admin

I'm really looking forward to Dawn's ditty. To me, she's almost more standoffish than Sabra, since we haven't seen inside her head as much as his. We got tantalizing bits and pieces of her throughout Rise, but this has potential to show us who she is on a deeper level. She wasn't by the book in the first place, but this little jaunt into unauthorized testing may bite her on the rump.

Now I'm really wondering what you'll make of it. :pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8