OC Life Stories 299 members · 497 stories
Comments ( 110 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 110

4220650 Well, now I'm gonna treat you just like a weird younger relative.
4220651 Which is another reason I became a brony. Apparently, the show has a bunch of my childhood show's voice actors/producers/etc...

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4220656 Yeah when I heard that Tara had been voice acting since she was 13 I started to wonder just how often she had been in something I watched.

4220658 Darn it! You are too accepting... Whatever... I give up...

4220659 Huh... even if I'm younger, I still watched a ton of her shows.

4220671 Fine. I'll accept it...

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4220666 That I don't doubt.

4220675 Wait what?! No! I didn't mean... No! I... Ugh...
4220677 I just checked... She's in more shows than I remember...

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4220689 Okay I'm going the full Kenau here. Whoa.

4220691 Did you know she voices Twilight Sparkle?!

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4220694 Nope I had no idea. By the way that is sarcasm.

4220695 So was my question. Any who, I'm gonna go now, stuff to do...

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4220701 Yeah I figured, I got things too.

OC: Spellbook

Would you believe it was after playing Bravely Default and getting the Blue Mage class of the game(Vampire)? I was always fascinated with the concept of Blue Mages and how they were able to literally copy spells and other attacks. At the same time I wasn't able to accurately write personalities other than my own. So Spellbook came into existence. A Blue Mage with a personality matching my own, including the flaws that I've discovered over the years... Still working on fixing those flaws honestly.

keam
Group Admin

Daffodil Spark:
Someone asked for one to include in their story

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

4220952 I wondered how Daff came around.

keam
Group Admin

There you go

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

4221360 ironic on how many ways these OC's appeared.

keam
Group Admin

4220952 Wow... so many ways an OC can be born... Neat!

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4220952 So that's how it happened. I was curious about it.
4222209 Right. :pinkiehappy:

TheTrueDragoon
Group Admin

4219547 I have a few OCs and each have been created for various reasons and inspired by various things. Most are just one time use characters for a single story though.
A couple of examples:

Sky Runner (more major character, currently being rewritten)
Inspired when I played Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
Based off Edward Kenway

Blackwing and Silver Spear (more minor characters in smaller stories)
No real inspiration
Needed a character for a story I wanted to tell

Nightbringer (first MLP OC, cancelled story, may rewrite in future)
Created not long after I got into MLP during Season 3
Wanted a more menacing villain with better goals and motives

I have several other minor characters being made now for future work. They are really just characters for the story they are in.

Windy The Warrior
Group Contributor

When I joined this fandom, Equestria seemed like such a magical place - one that I would love to live in, not only because of the magic and technicolor ponies, but also because of how simple and absolutely wonderful it could be. Naturally, I felt like I needed some way to put myself in.
First, I needed a ponysona. Two, I'm okay at singing, so she had to be too. Three, she had to be able to fly as that was my number one priority at the time. Four, she had to be reclusive. In the end of even her first version, #1 didn't work out. Soon, I started draw ponies (it's sad how much practice I have had now. It's not even funny anymore) and noticed that Windy was no loner; she needed friends. So I built them from basic friend archetypes, ex. "Smart/antisocial" or "hopeful/lonely".
Of course, I got in over my head. I started with Domino, whom I had started as an strong, sportsy teen. This lacked " oomph", so I made her a kick-flank dragoness Half-Breed (term used with reverence, not discrimination). Soon, I gave her a backstory to explain her distrust for other creatures: her family left her as a child, forced to return to the Kingdom of Tigerlily Canyon. Years later, they returned to find her and her brother living perfectly fine on their own, but couldn't heal their sense of kin. Plus, Domino had a sister, a fraternal twin in fact, who was born to be their Dragon Heiress (I have quite a few Alicorn OCs, but none of them are "pure alicorn" or happy with their lives). Ashes was never meant to have a twin, so Domino was left behind.
This style of background repeated for most of my main OCs, although two of them are still sheltered.

4222802 Huh, pretty cool!
4222955 Wow, long and complicated... I'm glad it all worked out in the end.

keam
Group Admin

Neat indeed.

Yeah, it is. Then I evolved her in a bunch of different ways, wrote a story with her and so on.

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4223718 There are many ways to go about that is just one of them. My O.C. Bryan Luna has his initial roots in Rescue at Midnight Castle from back in 1984. It would be many years before I learned how to do things like character development and what not.

keam
Group Admin

XD I see...

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4223738 Yeah talk about evolution! :rainbowlaugh:

keam
Group Admin

Absolutely. Mine took about a year of writing, RP:ing and thinking to evolve.

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4223849 Well this happened at first when I seven years old. So it took 31 years to make it to where he is now.

keam
Group Admin

I see...still, long time.

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4224181 Oh yeah. Sometimes it just take a while.

keam
Group Admin

4224196 I guess :P

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

4224210 Yeah a really long while. :rainbowlaugh:

keam
Group Admin
keam
Group Admin

Why did I create Lyric? I wanted to share a story with my special someone about how the stars in Equestria were created. What better way than to have a bard appear and give the answer?

4289227 Well... that is true...

Why did I create my OCs?

I wanted to write about a warrior kingdom in the MLP-verse, so naturally I needed warrior characters, since there aren't many fighters that use physical violence versus magic in the show.

What gave me the idea to make my OC's:

Ox Tongue: Final Fantasy

Flint Lock: Team Fortress 2

Cookie Prose: Imagination

Ren Kogemori: Japanese mythology

Sardonyx the Azure Flame: Japanese mythology + TF2

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 110