Ponies with Glasses! 107 members · 226 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

We're really getting spoiled this season aren't we? The latest episode "Amending Fences" introduced a new(-ish) bespectacled character, Moondancer.

Moondancer's similarity to Twilight Sparkle is obviously deliberate. Her glasses are similar to the nerdy delegate from "Princess Spike", and also slightly resemble human Twilight's glasses in Rainbow Rocks. I assume that like the nerdy delegate's, the white bit in the middle is tape from where they've been repaired in the past, a stereotypical feature of 'nerd' characters.

Also like the nerdy delegate, Moondancer's glasses have temples (the hinged arms that rest along the sides of the head). This is a feature that makes sense for humans but not for ponies (unless those temples were to rest upon the pony's ears, but they don't). But it still looks cute so I don't care. ^_^

There were plenty of other glassespones in this episode (and even Twilight and Minuette got in on the action briefly), but I'm still waiting for more pictures to roll in.

I'm also looking forward to screencaps. I'd like to get a closer look at the bookshop pony who showed up at Moondancer's party.

Sadly, the copy I watched was pretty low resolution. I still need to get an hd copy to screencap from.

--arcum42

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3