Freedom VS Harmony 598 members · 308 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

https://www.fimfiction.net/group/20/human-in-equestria/thread/208719/humans-hfy-version

I have been reading some HFY on reddit and I don't think I have seen that version of human in fimfiction. In some HFY, Earth is a Death World, meaning it is extremely dangerous and has a high gravity while most aliens developed on lower gravity worlds. So when they encounter humans we are stronger, faster, and tougher then them and usually able to turn their fragile bodies into bloody smears with our bare hands.
We can all agree that the world of Equestria ( which I will call Gaia to differentiate from Earth) uses a different set of physics. Everything from the sun, the moon, the stars, the clouds, and everything on the planet acts differently similar to Narnia which is different from Earth and has magic and even an actual End of the World. So like Narnia's air which makes Earth humans stronger, the magic, physics, and properties of the Gaia will make us better then on Earth.

Your Human and You will fit perfectly for this and greatly exaggerate how different the human is from the native humans. You can add scenes of him testing his new limits and will allow him to be more Independent as he won't be at such a disadvantage.

calinjc
Group Contributor

Question:
What does HFY even mean?:applejackunsure:

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

Humanity, Fuck Yeah!

calinjc
Group Contributor

Oh, okay.:twilightsmile:

I can see one problem with this. Would he get too powerful too quickly and get put down? So far in every story I've read humans can't talk in YHAY so there's really no way for ponies to immediately tell that this crazy-powerful (subjective to interpretation) human is not an Equestrian human. Plus, there's the issue of, can his body even handle the power? Human's bodies are intentionally holding back the full use of our muscles, because if every human were to use their full strength their bodies would fall apart, namely, suffer tendon and muscle tears, or even broken bones. It's understandable if he's starting to use magic, I'll find that more believable, but if he/she's using all the power their muscles are producing then he/she would be hurting themselves if they aren't careful.
Okay so there are multiple problems stemming from one central problem with that but you get my point.
However, it is a good idea that could be run with.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

It's his normal strength but it appears greater in Equestria then on Earth like in the movie John Carter or you could make it so that the magic is affecting him and making him this way.

His greater abilities aren't really visible and only show when he's doing something like running or fighting. You could make that our bodies are so tough to them that magic doesn't really affect us. I read some HFY stories where the aliens used lasers or something and a human only gets some light burns instead of dying. So it could be like that.

4788997 To add on, if you haven't seen John Carter (decent movie), imagine jumping on the moon. Same strength used, just more effect, because graity isn't pulling as hard, so not only can you jump that high, it won't hurt you morethan jumping on Earth, so long as your velocity isn't rediculous. Your musceles would be stronger, not because of any additional work on your part, but because the energy used normally to hold you up or do a push up is now grossly above what is nessesary. Plus, there are doezens of restrictions you can throw in. For instance, perhaps because the gravity is lower, there is less oxygen in the lower atmosphere, so it's like being at 10 thousand feet up at all times, or something.

Ancient Scholar
Group Admin

Cool idea. So if I'm understanding right you mean to say that while the human can do greater physical feats he would have difficulty breathing (until he adapts) which would weaken his endurance?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8