The Triptych Continuum 562 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

Part One here, if anyone is unfamiliar with the situation. Further updates here and then here.

Okay, so: Estee needs help dealing with stress. Our normal method of alleviating stress (throw money at it) isn't helpful because we can't raise the five-digit number it would take to make everything go back to the way it was, which was already... think Dan's apartment from Dan Vs, without the part where it's funny and the part where the occupant deserves it. But we do need to do something to help her smile, and I have something that almost resembles a plan!

I call it; The Pony Afternoon.

That title is very temporary.

Anyway, Ducktales is popular again, so I'm proposing that we form a collab and write a Ducktales story with the express purpose of the restoration of smiles. Leading premise: Scrooge McDuck is on a typical adventure with his family to grab the Rainbow of Transference. During the inevitable fight, Launchpad breaks the Mcguffin. Space warps, time distends, gravity briefly falls and Scrooge is sent rocketing to another world. The Duck Family is left behind, floating in what's left of the temple.

DEWY: Launchpad, did you just crash the Laws of Physics?

Scrooge lands in the middle of anywhere that isn't the Everfree Forest, promptly realizes what's going on because he's canonically done this before, and is off on a quest to find the Rainbow of Light and go home with a sidekick of some sort.

I'm looking at a loose structure of stories, each self-contained, until Scrooge gets to the end of the rainbow. That's a lot of freedom. Sooooooooooo, is anyone interested?

If I a) had the time, and b) could write worth a damn...good luck, my friend. Estee needs a smaile.

I could maybe help with planning and writing? I need a starting point, though, to get an idea of just what kind of shenanigans Scrooge will/can get up to/end up in.

I'm not very involved in this group, but having seen what's going on here I don't mind changing that for Estee. I'm not sure how much use I'll be but I am available for this project (or any other that comes up to help out). It's a great idea and should be expanded on.

Well, it's not the crossover I'd choose but.... (since I can't write anyway), OK.
What show year are we talkin about? Pre or post movie makes a great deal of difference.
Sort of a Wizard of Oz type of story? Princess Celestia (& Starswhirl, if available) are the most likely ones to be able to help him, so a journey to reach one of them makes sense.

At some point, an encounter w Flim & Flam seems inevitable
Scrooge has a dragon's attitude towards hordes

I'm no author, (I've tried but never succeeded in actually finishing one of my stories). But I would be willing to help out in some capacity, do some art, do an impression of Launchpad or Mr. McDuck, see if I can string a few coherent sentences together. Just shoot me a DM and I'll be happy to talk more about how I can help.

More responses than I could reasonably expect. Yay! Thanks, guys.

I'm posting this on my way out the door, but I'm off work at two and I can do actual planning and such then. Sorry about the wait, wish I could have started this last week, and this is going to be great.

Thank you for the offer, sir! Everypony else:
First off, you probably know this, but her mother is rapidly getting worse. I remember my Grandmother tended to take out a lot of anger on Mom and there really wasn't a point where she was treated better. Be sure to go by their page and say something nice.

Actual plot-type-things: There's not a lot of people here, so instead of an anthology series (though I like the Wizard of Oz angle, I might come back to that with a different story) hows about we just post something shorter, between one and five chapters or so?

Scrooge and the boys are exploring a mysterious temple that connects time and space and is bigger on the inside. Inside, they meet Daring Do and Rainbow Dash, and maybe some quick cameos from other famous explorers that get kicked out quickly. The two teams race to get to the middle and the treasure first, both Scrooge and Daring increasingly unhinged and the Triplets and Rainbow acting as a balancing force.

If we're all on board I'll open up a Google Doc and we can start this evening when everyone's off work.

6591568 I'll do my best, though fair warning I have high standards. Especially if it's for Estee. If you'd rather not deal with that I'd understand.

I did a collab with Cleverpun. I had to start over three times. I am very happy with high standards.

6591692 Hey, what's your time zone?

Here's the Doc. Not very filled in right now.

I'm Eastern Daylight, verrveryFlutershy. Sorry.

The main characters are Scrooge Mcduck and Daring Do. We need to decide who the supporting characters are.

I think we should make Twilight Sparkle and Launchpad the sidekicks. My reasoning:

1. The plot requires the sidekicks to go off on their own.
  2. Rainbow would never willing leave Daring Do’s side.

2a) Twilight would totally get fed up with being treated as just a sidekick.
     3)Launchpad is hurt by how Scrooge doesn’t think he’s a real adventurer, and bumps into Twilight.
    4) Twilight proposes that the two of them prove what good adventures they are and force the heroes to learn about teamwork.
    5) Hinjinks!

Derpy and Launchpad.
Best Crash Ever! :derpyderp2:

6593741 I'm afraid I'm gonna have to step out. I'm at a loss for what to do, so I can't make suggestions, and I don't want to change anything without your express permission, which I can't get because we're never on at the same time. I'm sorry.

No, it's okay. It's my own chronic laziness. And frankly, I should be taking more responsibly.

I could also alter permissions in the document. Any edit you put in would be highlighted and easy to address. If you still feel uncomfortable I understand.

If it's not too early in the process, I can edit. I'm not much of a writer, but I can spot a plothole from twenty paces, and I'm a grammar nazi to boot. (Law Review will do that to a person.)

Hey, if you still want to do something nice for Estee, I'm also suggesting that people start sending her heartwarming pictures from the internet of ponies and such. Do you want to just do that?

Knock yourself out, the link is already available, just know that I'm a slow worker. I don't have a lot yet. You might check back in a week.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21