Library of Trivial Lore and Other Things 122 members · 280 stories
Comments ( 105 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 105
Noble Thought
Group Admin

You're quite welcome! :twilightsmile:

Minds Eye
Group Admin

I have an idea explaining the phases of the moon.

Would the shadow thing seen at the end of castle mania be okay?

Noble Thought
Group Admin

Sure. That's about as trivial as trivial gets... Even the shows writers had that as a throwaway joke, I think. I don't think anyone else has taken it. Go for it.

it was the first idea to pop into my head... Ill wait before I finalize my decision:eeyup:

Minds Eye
Group Admin

Just throw up some blue text when you're ready. Let everyone else know not to take it.

Minds Eye
Group Admin

Hiya!

Just bringing this up on the dashboard, reminding you that this is still a thing. :twilightsmile:

There's still plenty of time left, so just keep at it. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of these!

Any way to get a general progress report?
Like, how much stuff has already been collected and/or/versus how much we can expect?
I'm just curious about the level of awesomeness we should look forward to.

Minds Eye
Group Admin

I've got stories from you and...uh, you.

I have faith, though. We have good writers with good ideas in this thread. And it's always the last week or so of a contest when the entries pour in.

Hehe... Yeah, I guess my part was indeed quick to arrive, given its length...

3318715 If I may, with the final date drawing closer, how many of the stories have been submitted?

Minds Eye
Group Admin

One author was still working on his, and asked me to take a look to make sure it fit the format.

Minds Eye
Group Admin

Whoops, forgot the reply button.

3400676 Cool, cool, was just curious. I'm actually looking forward to what everyone has cooked up. :pinkiehappy:

Noble Thought
Group Admin

Almost done with my entry as well. Just started writing it about half an hour ago, but I had the idea for a long time.

Minds Eye
Group Admin

A total of five counting mine, then. Still time for others to come in as well.

3400779 Yargh. I've been busy this whole month. I have one day to finish. I can do this.

I'm actually pretty close to done with mine. Do we just need to PM you with it, or a link to it?

Speaking of which, how will the story be presented?
I assume it'll be posted on Minds Eye's profile, but the details haven't been stated.
Are all the parts going to be posted at once, or staggered (one new part every day or something)?
Or maybe this discussion would be better as a separate thread so everyone can weigh in with their preferences?

Minds Eye
Group Admin

PM it to me.

I was planning to stagger it with a new story each day. At least one entry will over a thousand words on its own, so that takes care of the site minimum.

If anyone would like to weigh in on this, go ahead.

Minds Eye
Group Admin

We also have the three of you wanting to sign your letter as Twilight Sparkle.

Hash this out. :rainbowlaugh:

Well, she is known for writing many letters, isn't she?

Noble Thought
Group Admin

Pretty much this, I think. Twilight does send a lot of letters. I don't mind sharing the signature.

3401430 My letter happens to be a postmistress who enjoys reading Luna's mail.

Oh, now that I think about it, my part could be signed by Applebloom instead. It'd still make sense for her to be good enough friends with Zecora that they'd go randomly camping out somewhere, even if it was much less likely that she'd write down the campfire stories.
Perhaps more plausible; signed by all three CMC, who worked together to remember the tale.
It would be cute as all heck. I'd need to adjust the frame I wrote around the legend though.

Minds Eye
Group Admin

If you want, go for it.

I may need to back out of the collab at this point, unless you're alright with taking just the first chapter. There's almost no way I'm going to be able to finish this under 5000 words in the time that's left. I'll keep trying, but don't hold anything up on my account.

Sorry, guys. I thought I could make this work, but I guess I was wrong. :ajsleepy:

Well, considering the parts will be posted one at a time over the course of a few days, you could always have your part scheduled to be the very last; it could give you maybe a few days more.

But that's far from my call, though. You'd have to talk about this with the ones in charge...

Minds Eye
Group Admin

I'd hate to use nothing from you. If you're OK with us just using the first part, I'll take it.

3402868 It's due tomorrow, right?

Yeah, I've barely even started mine, I only got 150 words into it, maybe I'll post it on this thread when i finish it.

I've got something in docs which could work (final/penultimate part of the piece I sent). I'll try and polish that, but if not then I'll touch up the first part to work solo.

So now we just wait for the rendering and the posting and then we commence the basking in the glow!

Minds Eye
Group Admin

Here's what we have now. Password is letter.

We should have more entries by the end of the day. I'm planning to submit it tonight, and then publish another letter a day. Take a look at your chapter; let me know if you want me to edit anything.

3404788 Argh. Must finish. Must finish. Should have mine in later today... Hopefully.

3404788 Everything looks good to me so far. Am excited for this. :pinkiehappy:

3318682 I just PMed mine to Minds Eye.

Minds Eye
Group Admin

Story has been submitted and is awaiting approval. If you haven't sent me your entry yet, keep at it! We have six stories right now, and I'd love to have more.

Minds Eye
Group Admin

Dear Minds Eye,

Your story Letters to Luna has failed moderation on FimFiction for the following reason: The contents, dialogue and/or themes used in your story require it to be rated ‘Teen’.

The short description of your story is not quite adequate. It needs to give some indication of what your story is actually about.

This story, as it has been submitted, is not considered to be related to the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic universe. As a general rule, if you can sub out a few names or vocabulary terms from your story and be unable to tell that it’s a My Little Pony fanfic, it is not considered to be related enough. If you have plans to add chapters in the future which will more closely connect this story to MLP, please be sure to have those published before resubmitting.

Please make the required changes and resubmit.

Well, ****.

The first two are easy enough to change, and I'm PMing the mod about the third. I'll keep you updated.

Well, that's moderately un-fun...

And yet, being a reviewer of Rage Reviews and some of the things the PASS as a MLP story, this blows my mind.

3406297 Because I forgot to tag the post in my first comment. :twilightblush:

Minds Eye
Group Admin

The first one I sent in had Tirek, a dragon, Canterlot, Celestia, Luna, pegasi, unicorns, and earth ponies all mentioned by name. Pegasi and unicorns even flew around and shot magic.

I've gotten a reply and sent one back. I made some changes, and I think we'll be good to go. I just asked for confirmation that the entire project would be acceptable.

Noble Thought
Group Admin

Here's to hoping... I'm kinda surprised it got the MLP content stamp of disapproval.

Edit: I just re-read mine. Good lord... The campiness. The campiness!

Perfect for a campfire ghost story. Cheesy. Used all the cliches. Success!

Still... It felt weird to write something that corny on purpose.

Minds Eye
Group Admin

Alright, I just submitted it again. The mod suggested I submit more than one chapter to get by the MLP disapproval, so I sent three this time. I bumped the rating to teen because the dragon chapter has a bit about ponies being burned alive (considering I once saw an everyone story that says a character's mother was brutally raped and killed via skull crushing, kinda surprised that got shot down).

Haven't heard back about whether or not our concept is too weird or meta to be acceptable, but I got sick of waiting.

3406666 Argh. Am I out for not finishing in time?

Noble Thought
Group Admin

I'd say that's up to Minds Eye. He's commanding the collaboration.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 105