Library of Trivial Lore and Other Things 122 members · 280 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Noble Thought
Group Admin

Post your critique requests here.

A few sub-guidelines for this thread:

1. Be kind. Even if you think the idea is stupid, just mention that you don't think it has a lot of promise. I'd rather not have to resort to issuing warnings and bannings, but trolling contributors won't be tolerated.

2. Only put stories which you'd like to have looked at for the bits and pieces here. This is not a group for the general review of stories. There are plenty of those already.

3. Please don't dump your entire library in here. We're a small group and will likely remain small.

Minds Eye
Group Admin

I had fun writing a little bedtime story called "Earth Plow and the Dragon." You can read it in Chapter 1 of my story Cutie Mark Crusader Revengers. Search for the title, Earth Plow and the Dragon, to skip to it. The CMC interrupt Twilight's reading it a couple times, but I thought it was a fun little story.

Did I do it right?

Noble Thought
Group Admin

I went ahead and added it to the Myths, Legends, and Bedtime stories folder also. You can add them in there too if you want to link it here.

Minds Eye
Group Admin

If you don't mind, I'll add Rumble in the Jungle as well. Not my best story overall, but I'm proud of the legend Zecora tells Rumble in Chapter 6. All that rhyming...

If anyone's curious, search for "It is a tale that comes" to skip to it.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

I'm not so much looking for a critique as a general idea of the group's guidelines. I have some history in my story Special Talents (most notably in the Archer and Diamond Tiara chapters) and I wanted to know if what was there was enough for adding to the History folder.

Ah, the only story I have that has any real world building to it is "Harmony Undone." What comes to mind as trivial lore would be Equestria's standing military and the different branches. I have referred to the Royal Guard, the "Equestrian Guard" and the "Crystal Guard"; those in quotes are unofficial. It is touched upon in chapters four and five where two of them are differentiated. I am unsure where to place the story. :twilightsheepish:

I can expand on the idea in another post if it is found suitable for the group.

Noble Thought
Group Admin

Certainly. Even the tiny bit about Scootaloo's origin in the Archer chapter would have fit. That reminds me that I need to add an origin story folder.

I'll be expanding more on the purpose of the group soon. It's been an idea floating around for a while, so I've got a few things I want to do but I am always open to suggestions.

Noble Thought
Group Admin

I'll take a look! Also, for things touching on the military aspects of Equestrian life, I made a new folder for that.

I wrote two stories a while back that I'd like to rework with people's critique. The Tale of Thunderhooves and Lament of the Changelings are both stories I had originally came up with in a free-write and are told from the perspective of "Fizban" the story teller.

Thunderhooves Isn't as big of a priority (Admittedly its only because its more or less the intro for Fizban) But Lament of the Changelings is something I would love to have feedback on.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10