A New World, a New Way fan group 789 members · 88 stories
Comments ( 40 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 40
tdnpony
Group Admin

I'm starting a little game for our group. To make things a little interesting, in this forum, I'll post story ideas/scenarios I've made, and I challenge anyone interested to make them into full stories.

Comment posted by tdnpony deleted Jun 30th, 2014
tdnpony
Group Admin

And now, the first scenario:

Keith Gamble and his little sister, Lily Gamble are to say the least, misfits on Earth from the Sinnoh Region. Having been orphaned at a young age due to a terrorist attack from Team Galactic, the two had lived their lives practically raised by the Pokemon that once belonged to their parents. Sadly, this has made them distrustful and resentful towards most other humans (mostly because they've seen a LOT of the bad side of humanity), preferring the company of Pokemon. Being talented Trainers as well as showing immense skill in pretty much any form of game, they've soon garnered a reputation as being the invincible siblings (though they've never challenged Gym Leaders nor the Pokemon League). However, over time they began thinking less and less of humanity, feeling that they were born in the wrong world. As such, the two set out in search of the Legendary Pokemon of Sinnoh, intending to ask them to send them away from the world full of humans they secretly resented.

Upon Arceus' transfer, they Siblings were at first confused, though they quickly came to accept the changes, almost instantly liking being Pokemon more than being humans. They soon encountered a young Deer who at first runs away, but when they assure him/her that they mean him/her no harm, he/she explains that he/she is looking for help as a rouge Deer (a former Scholar), had stolen a forbidden artifact that allows the user to take everything (mostly knowledge) from another individual, provided he/she defeats the opponent in a challenge (usually a game). The two siblings, taking pity on the plight, decide to help, along the way encountering another Deer, but this one had decided to work for the Rouge Deer, and using an off-shot of the artifact, challenge them to a game (I suggest Chess), to which the siblings easily win, having beaten tougher opponents before. Upon winning, the penalty is enacted, robbing the enemy of their knowledge, and thus giving the Siblings the knowledge, as well as the off-shot of the artifact, which turns from black to white when the siblings get it. With that, the three of them set out to set things right, reuniting with their Pokemon along the way, and defeating enemies both Deer and Pokemon.

Main Characters:

Keith Gamble: A 19 Year old boy, Keith is a very blunt individual who comes across as a bit of a jerk due to him not being afraid to tell things as they are. He enjoys being a Pokemon more than being a Human, and while he resents humanity in general, he is still willing to see people for who they are, and shows respect to those he believes have earned his respect. He dislikes arrogant people who lord their abilities over others, and takes a certain amount of pleasure in knocking them off their high horse. He and his sister are considered prodigies in terms of their abilities, and in comparison to his sister, he's the smarter one due to his age and experience. However, that intelligence is tempered by his emotions, which while sometimes getting in the way of making logical decisions, allow him to take risks and read his opponents, making him a wild card in battle and games. His Pokemon form is Alakazam. As a trainer, he specializes in Dark and Psychic Types, with his key Pokemon being Umbreon and Espeon.

Lily Gamble: A 12 Year old girl, and Keith's little sister. Like her brother, she's also considered a prodigy. A somewhat apathetic girl who shows few emotions, she's a lot more cool and calculative compared to her brother, allowing her to create intricate strategies that almost always ensnare their opponents, leaving them with only 1 option: to lose. Like her brother, she can be blunt, but shows a kinder side to those she cares for, or respects. Her Pokemon form is Misdreavous. As a trainer, he specialty is Ghost and Ice Pokemon, and her signature Pokemon is Frosslass.

Anyone up for the challenge? All challengers come up!

I'll be honest, hands are a bit full with the story I'm currently working on and I actually had a different scenario in mind if I ever attempted something in the "new world, new way" world. However this is an interesting idea and if anyone attempts it I'll be more than happy to read through it.

3400653 Already working on my own story. Though it might be a while before it ever sees the light of day.:ajsleepy:

Keep at it mate. If you need a proofreader let me know and I'll be more than happy to help.

You know what would be a great twist?

...Ash is Red!

Hear me out.

Red (from the manga) is who Ash (in the anime) is based on. So in this Universe/storyline, what if, after some sort of life changing event when he was traveling, Ash became distant and took on a new persona, that of Red. I recall Red from Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal not having Pikachu in his party. Maybe in this Reality he accidentally got Pikachu hurt or worse, and he went into a sort of self imposed isolation and from that state, became the Kanto Champion.

That's just my idea, though.

3400657 Sounds like a GREAT idea but what little skill I have would do terrible things to it.:pinkiesick: So, I'm going to have to pass and let someone else do something acceptable with your idea and stick with trashing the ideas I came up with.

Comment posted by SeventhBrony deleted Jun 30th, 2014

3403023 I'm good on grammar, spelling and the like by myself. For me, my only problem is motivation to write.:twilightsheepish:

3404051 Welcome to my world!. In any case you should still find someone to give it a lookover once it's ready. I thought I was good on spelling and grammar... Then I sent it to someone and they found major flaws with those categories that would've screwed my story over. Good luck on your story and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Are we just waiting for the next scenario or waiting for someone to take this one?

I'm willing to write one, but this one doesn't fancy me. I'm assuming you don't want to hear ideas since you already got a lot on your plate.

tdnpony
Group Admin

Actually, it was supposed to be that someone else reads the scenario, then turns it into a full story. That was the whole point of me starting this forum. It ain't working. Oh well, I suppose I'll go and make the next scenario. I've had enough time to think up another one.

Uuuh... if it's okay I could take the scenario, but not as a starting point for a full story. These two characters would fit... nicely in the New World story story I'm currently writing, as side characters with at least a arc dedicated to them. If that's fine with you, I could pm you the first (and only, damn finals!) chapter I wrote so far, so you could understand how they would fit.

tdnpony
Group Admin

Sure. I don't really mind

tdnpony
Group Admin

The second scenario:

Alexander (insert optional family name), is a trainer who's always been obsessed with 2 things: speed and the sky, with his fascination of the sky eventually developing into a wish to be able to 'touch the sky' with his own power, and thus refuses to ever use a Pokemon to do it, saying that its 'not his own power'. To achieve his dream, he uses a special pair of roller blades that have a small engine in them, allowing them to go much faster than regular skates, which he then uses to often launch himself into the air (often from tall buildings), which incredibly allow him to literally 'touch the sky'. As a trainer, he is rather casual, challenging gyms and leagues more for the sport than to actually make a name for himself along with his partners: the Shellgon named 'Stratos' (a male Shellgon with dreams as big as his trainer, which is to not only evolve into Salamence and eventually fly, but be able to go beyond any other flyer that has ever lived), and the Doduo named 'Lightning' (a female Doduo who's dream is to one day evolve into Dodrio and become the fastest member of her kind, and possibly the fastest running Pokemon ever)

His Pokemon form in Equus is Blaziken, and though he loses his roller blades, he makes up for it thanks to the training his legs have undergone from all his attempts to go faster and climb higher as a human, allowing him to jump MUCH higher than any Blaziken, so much so that he may as well be flying.

The location where he ends up is likely going to be the city of Las Pegasus, where they meet a young Pegasus foal who has big dreams, but lacks the confidence, so they take him/her in, becoming his/her adoptive family. In other words, the story, aside from probably a few fight scenes, will mostly be slice of life.

If anyone is interested, or better, has a better idea for the conflict of the plot, let me know

tdnpony
Group Admin

The third scenario:

Elizabeth is a young woman of 15 (soon to be 16), born into a wealthy family, raised as a perfect lady, and living a life many would envy...or so it seems. Underneath that image is a dark secret. Her family got where it is through various dealings in the black market and the underworld as one of the head families of the mafia, with the highest trade being rare and endangered Pokemon. Furthermore, her family views Pokemon as nothing more than common animals that they can use and then discard whenever they please. Despite that, Elizabeth has something her family clearly lacks: a conscience. On the surface, she is the perfect girl in their eyes: prim and proper, knows how to carry herself, and more importantly, knows how to put Pokemon 'in their place'. Beneath that however, is a girl who despises her own family more than anything, likening the life she's lived up till now to living like 'a caged bird'. She hates how horribly her family treats Pokemon, but is also terrified of the idea of them as little more than a fancy cage. She's also deathly afraid that her family may one day decide to 'discard' her precious Pokemon, a Duskull and a Murcrow (A Dusknoir and a Honchcrow by the beginning of the story) named Sebastian and Claude respectively (to her family, they're slaves #389 and #597) which is why she acts like she likes to abuse them, when in reality its all an act they cook up to fool her family into thinking that she still has 'uses' for them. In reality, she cares for them dearly and thinks of them as her real family, and in turn, they are fiercely loyal to her. At the beginning of the story, Elizabeth is looking forward to her birthday coming up in a few months, as once she's 16, she'll be allowed to go outside for the first time in her life...and she plans on hatching her plan to put an end to her family's attrocities, by gathering all the sensitive information she could on her family...and giving it straight to every police office she can find, before spreading the news on the net.

However, before she could do that, she found out something horrible. Her family, her entire family intended to gather for a reunion/cruise, with the destination being the faraway region of Fiore, and they intend to do something more ambitious than ever before. They intend to take over the region by any means necessary, even if it means killing countless people and Pokemon in the process. No longer able to stomach the actions of the monsters that are her 'family', she, Sebastian, and Claude hatch a plan that would put an end to this once and for all. Using Sebastian's abilities as a Ghost-type, they snuck explosives on the family's cruise ship, specifically on key parts that could not be removed, and furthermore, they disguised the explosives as components of the ship. During the cruise, Elizabeth asks one last time if they would reconsider, questioning if it is wise, considering that Fiore has one of the largest numbers of Pokemon Rangers, to which her father simply stated that they could easily be dealt with. That was the last straw, and with a forlorn look, she simply says that she had nothing more to say, before saying one last thing: "May Arceus forgive me for what I must do. This madness must end," before pressing the switch she had in her hand. In that instant, the entire cruise ship went up in flames, the force of the explosion throwing Elizabeth over board and into the frigid waters below as Sebastian and Claude rushed to save their beloved trainer. However, before they could reach her, a strange exhaustion over came them, and they too fell into the waters below, and when they awakened, they found themselves in a strange new place, alongside a Froslass who claimed to be Elizabeth.

Characters:
1) Elizabeth le Pegre
The heiress of a prominent mafia family. She lived her life wearing the mask of a perfect daughter in a family that cared for nothing but their own gain. In reality, she is a 'Black Sheep', who cares dearly for the Pokemon that were her only friends growing up, and despised the atrocities her family committed, she somehow still maintained a strong sense of right and wrong. Despite that, the years of being forced to stand by and watch her family's actions have pushed her to the edge, making her somewhat unstable. Due to her sheltered life, her social skills are next to non-existent, making her prone to acting like a haughty noble, often barking orders despite the situation. The years she spent in borderline isolation have also made her distant and closed off to everyone other than her two loyal Pokemon whom she loves very much (though its more like a sibling relationship). She's not good at expressing how she really feels, making her somewhat of a Tsundere towards anyone other than her two Pokemon. She is quite happy about being sent to Equss, simply glad that she is finally free of her family. Her Pokemon form is Froslass

2) Sebastian
Elizabeth's very first Pokemon, and one that has been by her side for years. Sebastian is a Dusknoir (originally a Duskull) who is very loyal to Elizabeth. As her constant companions, he and Claude (whom he considers a brother) understand her better than anyone, and always know how she really feels no matter how hard she tries to hide it. His personality is very much like that of a loyal butler who is very faithful to his trainer/mistress, often accepting her orders with the words: "Yes, my lady". In battle, Sebastian's style of fighting involves weaving through his opponent's attacks and defenses, before landing powerful blows like "Shadow Punch" and "Dark Pulse".

3) Claude
A Honchcrow (formerly a Murkrow) that was given to Elizabeth a few years after she received Sebastian. He and Sebastian are both very loyal to Elizabeth, and love her like she was family. While Sebastian is like a loyal Butler, Claude is like an annoying brother to Elizabeth, often playing little harmless tricks on her to get her to lighten up in life. Despite seemingly never being serious, Claude is actually very efficient in battle when he gets serious, which shows in his fighting style that involves a myriad of strong relentless attacks that can break through most defenses.

The actual plot for what they do in Equus has not been decided yet, so if anyone is interested, please let me know and we can iron out the details.

P.S.
Can anyone guess where Sebastian and Claude got their names? Its pretty easy, especially for Sebastian

Air Gear pretty much?

Interesting scenarios, by the way. Liked the third one the most so far. Would it be fine if one of those days I were to write on of my own here?

tdnpony
Group Admin

You guessed it. I was inspired by Air Gear. Speaking of which, all my ideas are inspired by anime scenarios. Can you guess what the other 2 ideas are based on?

Not really, I haven't been watching anime for a couple years now. I blame the limited internet connection.

I just recognize the "Sebastian" name as the demon-perfect-butler guy from "Kurowhatever". Aaand the whole mafia girl makes me think about an anime I have read some things in the net some time ago, "Arcana famiglia" I think, but I never even bothered to google it so I don't really know.

Kingofsouls
Group Contributor

For some strange reason I think X and Elizabeth would be great friends

tdnpony
Group Admin

Maybe. If you'd like, you could take this idea after you finish Swarm

tdnpony
Group Admin

I don't know about Arcana Famiglia, but you were right about Sebastian. Both Sebastian and Claude were named after the two demon butlers: Sebastian Michaelis and Claude Faustus (Claude is from the anime only Season 2 of Black Butler)

tdnpony
Group Admin

Though...if you're basing that on their...strained relationship with their family (understatement of the century in Elizabeth's case), it kinda feels like...apples and oranges, since X still has a decent relationship with his family, while Elizabeth despises them (she did basically set up a plan to murder her family)

Kingofsouls
Group Contributor

3470851 That, and X does like to fight while Elizebeth clearly doesn't mind getting her hands dirty. And that's just one point to mention. I dunno, maybe after swarm....who knows?

tdnpony
Group Admin

Well, I'd be honored if you would choose one of my fics to work with

Kingofsouls
Group Contributor
tdnpony
Group Admin

Oh, and if you want to write your idea, go ahead

3400653 Would it be alright if I post a story idea, I have one but I don't think I can write it.

tdnpony
Group Admin

3501537 I'm not really good with writing these kinds of stories but maybe you guys could make something out of my story structure

Human: Virgil (last name recommended but not needed), orphan, sort of pokemon world Robin Hood, turned into a saybleye
Reason Arcius deemed him worthy: he stole from the vain,undeservingly rich chain business owner Héfe Malone (character only important at the start to me) and gives the money to the orphange where he grew up
Pokemon: Sara/malwile, determend, caring, Virgil's future lover\Rapidleaper/greninja, Virgils first pokemon, wise, pacient, focused\Jackie/gourgeist, shy, free-spirit, artistic
Where Virgil ends up: He finds himself in the wasteland out side of ponyville. The sameone where the Diamond Dogs live. That's right, he's in the body of a pokemon with gems growing out of it in the area where the locals have an eye for them.

I'll leave the rest of the story to you guys if you want to use it, and I don't care what you do to it. I'll just leave it here for you guys.

Changeling-Drone
Group Admin

3470077 as anyone taken this prompt yet, I want to try my hand at it

tdnpony
Group Admin

Well...not yet. But Kingofsouls seems interested...how about you both work on it?

3556292 So um can I post some story idea here right so what are the rules here anyway?

tdnpony
Group Admin

None really. If you want to post an idea I have nothing against it

Comment posted by workmon deleted Sep 12th, 2014

3623168 Well I really want to write my idea into a story but I don't have the proper story writing skill for it so if someone uses my idea I'm graceful.
So here it is.
Characters:
Daniel (last name if someone can make one)-human turn Aron, Arceus see him worthy due for being an innocent and carefree child also he is just a 4-year old child so yeah.
Mama Khan-Kangaskhan who is also Daniel's babysitter back at Earth who take care of Daniel ever since Daniel's mother had a divorce with his father and been living with Daniel's father appartment in Castelia City ever since.
Khan Jr.-a baby Kangaskhan who is also Mama Khan daughter same age as Daniel.
Prof. (last name same s Daniel)-Daniel's father as well a scientist that used to work for some Pokemon Professor, Arceus didn't see him as a worthy human due of him created a Pokemon by himself as well trying to create a device that can force a Pokemon to evolve without meeting the proper requirements that the other professor thinks it's a mad idea for forcing evolution into a Pokemon that why he illegaly conduct his experiment on his own Pokemon without the acknowledgment of both the Rangers Union and the Pokemon Professor approval due of those act his wife abandon him but he won the right to keep his child even he doesn't have the time to take care of him due of always working.
P-Z- a Porygon-Z who is the prof. illegal creation this Porygon-Z was created with every data file of all non-Legendary Pokemon as well as other important files like who are the Gym Leaders of a given Region and many more its memory bank ever since it was a Porygon, P-Z is a quite a genius even sometime it spazzes out when encounter something out of it's memory bank like Legendary and also it doesn't like to called by it's nickname P-Z or any kind of nickname for that matter it rather be called by it's specie name instead also P-Z sometimes download some files like how to build things like Pokedex,a Pokeball,the machine that Pokecenter uses and many more tech that it download illegaly to it's memory bank, Arceus sent it to Equestria for being a Pokemon and nothing more also P-Z prefered to be genderless than being called a guy due of it's fixed voice of a male person so it prefered to be called an it than a he.
Meta- a Metang as well the prof. first Pokemon and P-Z first friend, Meta personality is quite differnent than your usual Metang Meta act like a mere human child it even nickname itself rather than it's trainer as well as the other Pokemon of it's trainer own, well Meta act differently than your average Metang due of it trainer's experiment that forced it's evolution from a Beldum to a Metang with a side effects that changes it's entire personality completely from a quiet and emotionless Beldum to a loudmouth hyperactive and carefree Metang.
MZ-a Magnezone that also was included in the prof's experiment that was first a Magnemite then force evlove into the current state it is now, just like Meta there were some side effects on it and one of them is that MZ can't talk in proper sentences it always talk in mispronouce and mispelled words in it sentences like when it say "hello I'm MZ, I'm a Magnezone" it goes like this "Jello U'm NC U'm e Nagmecone" and the only one can understand it is Meta and P-Z and second that it can't even know how to use it's attacks and ability correctly he can't even perform a simple electric attack or even float with magnetism for that matter like any other Magnezone but it's trainer still accept it like as his accept his other Pokemon that he experimented own.
Plot:
Well the plot is like this, the prof has been living hard ever since all he started his experiments first he was fired by a certain Pokemon Professor for stating the idea of creating a device that can evovle a Pokemon without meeting those certain conditions like using an Evolution Stone, after that he still conducted his experiments by buying his equipment by need of black markets, then he was hunted down by Rangers for buying from the black markets as well as conducting illegal experiments, then his wife filed a divorce due of she no longer want to help him in his experiments as well as covering him from the Rangers she want to leave him with also her child but she lost the rights for keeping the the child to him so she left her last gift to both her child and husband is a Kangaskhan that was now the caretaker for Daniel.
So he keep conducting his illegal act until one day he finally snap that everything he once was his are now gone he finally see the errors of his ways that he declared that he stop his experiment and start a new life but Arceus also wanted to start new too but he was not included in it.
While his three Pokemon even seem to be bunch of weirdos they don't care as long there with the prof and with eachother until Arceus did what he did.
While Mama Khan is still taking care for everything from her child to the prof's meals she just want to have her trainer to return too not for her but to her child Daniel and his husband because Mama Khan only wish for everthing to return to normal well until Arceus did something.
So this story is about the outcome of Arceus decision, between the remain of Earth where the prof is still there and finding a way why almost everything disappear as well the Pokemon of finding there way to have their lives to return back to normal.

So if someone can turn this intoba story well I want to how it goes.

tdnpony
Group Admin

The fourth scenario:

Alice Maximilion is a young woman (19) who hails from a long line of Phantom Thieves, and is the latest to take on the mantle of Phantom Thief Fox. Mischievous, fun loving, and a little flirty, as a Phantom thief, she only steals from criminals, with the intention of returning the stolen items to their rightful owners (though she sometimes steal from museums and high security locations for fun and training, but always returns that which she has stolen). In doing her heists, she is aided by her Pokemon: Charlotte and Spinner the Spinarak twins (female and male), Rascal the Weavile (male), and Shade the Liepard (female). Her Pokemon form is Zorua (later Zoroark)

Jonathan Trace is a young man (19), and hails from a long line of police officers, all of which have had a history with the various generations of Phantom Thief Fox, and as such, he's determined to surpass his predecessors, and capture this Phantom Thief Fox. Honest, loyal, and determined, he is an exemplary officer who does his utmost best to uphold the law, along his partners: Howl the Mightyena (male), Echo the Noibat (female), and Heat the Combusken (male). His Pokemon form is Riolu (later Lucario)

Story: Alice and Jonathan are two people from very different backgrounds, yet through a strange twist of fate, found themselves as the best of friends once in their childhood, yet were separated. Several years later, upon taking up her family's legacy, Alice reunites with Jonathan, but now on opposing sides of the law. Despite knowing that they should not associate with each other, Alice still decides to meet him again (as Alice and not Fox), rekindling their childhood friendship. Over time, the two started to harbor feeling for each other, creating a conflict for both of them (Alice wondering whether or not she should give up being Fox and be with Jonathan, and Jonathan conflicted over his growing feelings for Alice, and his respect, which eventually grew into admiration for Fox (not knowing that both are the same person)). However, before either of them could decide, Arceus' plan is put into motion.

Awakening in the town of Baltimare, Alice and her team are helped by a kind old couple who have recently had their prized possession, a valuable painting left behind by their late son, stolen. In order to repay their kindness, Alice takes up the mantle of Phantom Thief Fox again, stealing back the painting, but at the cost of being found out by the couple. However, they are thankful to her, and even offer to help her, as being long time members of the community, they can find out a lot of things.

Likewise, Jonathan and his team had awakened in Baltimare as well, and soon joined the local Police Force, and as a familiar string of robberies begin, he soon finds himself chasing after the enigmatic Phantom Thief Fox once more...only now she's quite literally become a fox, and him a hound.

Inspiration: Classic Phantom Thief romance; Sly Cooper series; Kaitou Saint Tail; Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne; The Fox and the hound (VERY loosely on the disney version, particularly the forbidden friendship thing)

Hands down! Baltimare is miiiine :pinkiecrazy:

Seriously talking... it does sound like a interesting concept, a story with a double main character like this, and while I would like to have them as characters right now I'm a bit worried about having even too many characters to handle with my limited skills.

If anyone wants to pick up this scenario, please let me know.

I challenge someone to make a story staring Natural Harminoa and the remnants of Team Plasma

more villainous team the merrier :^)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 40