Corruption of Champions 377 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Okay! So, I got the first chapter of that story I was talking about was finished last night. Unfortunately, it failed moderation because I apparently hadn't made it clear enough that Spike as an anthro had been aged up to adult levels. I'm trying to fix this now, but if anyone can take a look at the story and see if you can give me advice on how to fix it, that would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/252105/mareths-new-champion

4167201 I read it and couldn't see much of a problem. Perhaps it's because he's only physically aged up? Mentally, he'd be the same. I think what they mean is that your story implied he was still a kid before going through the portal.

Maybe if you clarify that he was already aged up, but going through the portal just gave him some slight physical enhancements/changes?

The best way he could describe it was a mixture of his older, greed growth form and one of the strange bipeds from Canterlot High.

Not sure if this quite applies as his greed growth form was anthro-ish anyways. He's pretty much the closest thing to anthro in mlp

4167264 Keep in mind this is after the changes I made to try and fix the problem. Technically this is still under moderation, though it seems that they're taking their sweet time with it. I resubmitted it almost over half a day ago and there's been no change in status, approval or otherwise. Just a message from Meester saying "They either have to be adults or they have to be ponies," which sounds like they weren't answering my question, they were just spouting off the rule, which I'm already aware of and am trying to work with.

I don't know. I feel like having him aged up before he crosses through would sort of take a part of it away. And I've seen other clop stories get away with having a kid turn into an adult and have it pass by.

I dunno, I'm just ranting at this point. I put a lot of hard work into making this look good, since I know I'm not the best writer. It hurts to have it shot down so easily.

4167375 well if this is after the fixes, then I'm not sure what to tell you. perhaps take it to a group that deals with this sort of thing or just writing in general?

4168407 "Look. There's needs to be clear and concise evidence that Spike is indeed mature in this story. There's still nothing that makes this clear beyond vague things, magically aging his body up in Mareth is not the same as him being of age." Failed Moderation again. I'm trying to rewrite it so that he's aged up before he goes in, already put in a part saying it was five years after where we are in the series.

Bleh, this is frustrating.

I think I'll try and work in some part to the story saying that Spike celebrated his 18th birthday or something like that somewhere. Hopefully that will be good enough for them.

The fact that foalcon is perfectly fine, but anthro and human are super restricted when it comes to age still seems really hypocritical to me. Bah.

4168636 Well, i hope it works out for you.

4168720 Rewrote it again, this time asking the moderator if that version would pass or not before I submit. I can't have them taking this down.
Thanks for the support.

4168636 Because the FbI probably docent care about what age the anthropomorphic equine is?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8