The Mirrorverse 233 members · 27 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

What do you think the Applejack of the Mirrorverse is like? I mean, yeah we know she's probably a liar, but there's got to be more to her than that.

5143572 She stayed in Manehattan with her fancy family longer so she doesn't have too much of a southern accent. She also more or less does things to gain attention.

Applejack is a high-ranking member of the Apple Family, the most wide-spread crime family in all of Equestria. She acts as an enforcer most of the time, due to her enjoyment of getting her hooves dirty. Her crimes include extortion, assault, and--along with the other members of the Sinister Six (and Spike)--grand theft.

She acts as the field commander and defacto leader of the six criminals, and sees herself as responsible for keeping them in line. It's up to her to decide what jobs they take. While she sees most of the others as maniacs or worse, she gives Twilight a close ear, and more often than not finds her advice agreeable.

She is a pony true to her word, and despises any sort of falsehood. If you are caught lying to her, you will, in Pinkie's words, "Wear cement horseshoes and do a little fishing." She follows her own code of honor, which is, as far as anypony can tell, mostly left up to her own discretion. She has been know to keep to the letter of her word, but not the spirit.

There is fierce competition between her and her older brother, Baron McIntosh, as to who will lead the family once Dam Smith finally kicks the bucket. Little do either know that Apple Bloom and her two friends, the Chaos-Mayhem Crusaders (It's not redundant, it's thorough), already have plans to usurp them both.

Does it count that I have a story in this group with a chapter dedicated to her?

My interpretation of Applejack is that she is too good to be bad. But she wants to be bad, really badly. She is lazy and wants to be a recognized criminal, but just like the Ameba Boys from Power Puff Girls, she simply can't commit a crime big enough to be noticed.

Here it is the story. It's the first chapter
Tales from the Dark Side of the Mirror :derpyderp2:

I came here to recommend 5144058 's excellent fic as a fun exploration of Mirrorverse Applejack.

But 5143863 's idea of Applejack as field commander of the Apple Mafia is also awesome. I say go with the first one if you want to do comedy/ slice of life, go with the second one if you want to do adventure.

5144954 I quite agree. Both of these interpretations are good depending on the genre. :-D

5143863 Why would the exact opposite of Applejack, the Element of Honesty, care about being honest?

Because shattered glass does not give an exact reflection, but a distorted facsimile. Sombra's Equestria is not an equal and opposite reality, but a twisted one, full of strange and terrible things.

At least, I've always found that to be more interesting than "Everybody's the exact opposite and they have evil goatees." :ajsmug:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8