Frozen 164 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Okay, Anna/Luna/Loki kept asking big sister/brother to come and play and they said no.
Something that bothers me is how later Luna is always the one singing Let it Go because she had time on the moon. Let it Go is about putting your past behind you and moving on without baggage, Nightmare Moon has no intention of this. Even Luna tried accepting that ponies never liked her and never will. This is not Luna's song.
Maybe it's my idea of Celestia not wanting to be Princess but it could be her song. Maybe she does leave her throne once and for all and never comes back, singing on her way out the door.
Thoughts?

3279247 I don't you think you get it, man. Luna is perfect to play Elsa because they are both broken souls who were trying to find happiness, but haunted by reality. Elsa had her ice powers, Luna had the desire to be noticed. They both tried to hide who they really were, and the song Let It Go is all about breaking away from hiding behind lies and becoming who you really are.

Check out this parody to prove that it really does fit Luna.

See? If you set it for Nightmare Moon, you can see that if Luna were to sing it, she would be releasing her true opinion.

Now, sure, the song could work for Celestia, but we have never seen her really desiring anything as much as her sister did.

3279247 you do bring up a good point, Let it Go is abojt finding freedom from fear and worry, and Woona on the other hand doesn't want to be herself in the same way elsa did. luna wanted to be noticed and tried to do so by force.

Put it simply, i think that other than the fact that they are both sisters and one of them went rogue at one point (elsa didn't understand that the world was freezing through most of the movie) there is no real similarity between the two sisters.

3279277 bitch please!

All derpy ever wanted was to be in a place where nopony made fun of her for her eyes, where noone would be mad at her for making a mistake, where she could sit back and eat muffins all day long. Then, on the day she was promoted to a higher position on the weather team, she learned that she had developed the ability to turn things into delicious zucchini bread.

3279289 But Luna didn't hide who she was, she tried to become someone different but not hide it.
Although it is also about showing who you really are too, but there more than that, "I'm never going back, the past is in the past."

3280570 Yeah, but as far as we knew, Celestia never dealt with that. And did you not see the S4 Premiere? Luna remained quite calm until she exploded into Nightmare Moon.

There is one thing we are all forgetting, despite what superficial similarities there are Anna and Elsa are completely different characters from Celestia and Luna. Luna went crazy due to jealously, she wanted to be accepted and in the end tried to force Equestria to accept her. Elsa went "ice crazy" mostly due to fear, fear for herself, hear for Anna, and fear for Arendelle. She wanted to be accepted, but feared that no one would accept her thus she ran.

I'm sure Luna would have some of the same anxiety issues as Elsa (or anyone who gone through the same trauma), it would after her return and cleansing.

I think we we simply don't know enough about how Celestia and Luna acted between the Fall of Discord and the Long Night. For all we know Luna could have acted like Anna.

That being said I do have a reason for siding more the idea of equating Elsa and Celestia.

3282735 I know I may be the only one who likes the idea of Celestia not wanting to be Princess, but it would make Nightmare's Eclipse that much more tragic for both Princesses.
And we can only imagine what happened before the Eclipse, I like to think they both shut themselves way for different reasons.

Nightmare's Eclipse? Guessing that's your name for the Long Night? No matter, I had to bring it up just to avoid you and Princess Rarity from killing each other

3284256 Long Night?:ajbemused: It barely lasted five minutes.:facehoof::eeyup: Now I can laugh at all those stupid ideas of Nightmare waging a long, drawn out war with her sister.:rainbowlaugh:
And don't worry, I'm pretty sure s/he's fine, I'm fine. I do get touchy when people take swipes at me and don't back it up, Princess Rarity did bring up good points, we cool.

We had no proof for it being short, we are entitled to our own opinions and I know not everyone take that route I did with Nightmare's rise. And it wasn't drawn out, yes it last a year and a half, but there wasn't much fighting with when you're trying to keep cities fed and ponies from freezing. .. yeah civil war route... ok I should shut up now and stop clogging up the thread.

Excellent then, blood is so hard to get out of keyboards and don't get me started about touchscreens

3284364 Whaa...:applejackconfused: Where did you pick that up? A year and a half? What? Did I miss something?
:ajbemused:"There can only be one Princess in Equestria, and that Princess shall be me!"
Minutes later, she's in the moon and Celestia's lowering it, why would she keep it up any longer?
Don't worry about the thread, who else is talking?

If we get yelled at it's your fault

I came up with the Long Night and the War of Eternal Night well before Season 4 premiered, and while I am a stickler for canon I can't change what I have to fit the premier without changing most of my world. The year and half is somewhat abratary, I wanted to have the Long Night go from Winter Solstice (where Celestia would be at her weakest) to Summer Solstice (where Celestia would be at her strongest), so it would be a half year at the shortest. I went with the year and half to give Celestia time to raise an army, skirmish with Nightmare's forces, and make sure Equestria doesn't completely starve. Still I kept it somewhat short to make it somewhat believable that Equestria could survive.

I do have another reason why it took so long to defeat Nightmare Moon. During the first fight between Nightmare and Celestia, the elder sister was defeated and fell into a frozen river. She was already weakened due to the Solstice and weakened further due to the injuries she sustained. Alicorns are strong but are still mortal, and her magic was having to work overtime to heal her thus weakening her further. Celestia lost enough magic that she actually Descended into her birth form, and had to recover enough to Ascend again and wait till she is at her strongest. There is method to my madness

That is just beautiful! :twilightsmile:

3284880 Meh. Not my cup of tea, but it does make sense. My head canon before "Celestia doesn't want her crown" was a city of humans come to Dream Valley lead by Prince Scorpan(long before Season 4 aired) and he befriended, and eventually courted Nightmare Moon. Luna decided if she would not be loved she would be feared and changed her look to be more menacing, and called herself Nightmare Moon.
The humans did not care, they loved her night, and her. She and Scorpan saw each other until he died. Megan remained young(every time she travels to Dream Valley it's only the next day for her, regardless of if it was a day, an hour or a century for Dream Valley) and agreed to take the Rainbow of Light back home while Nightmare hid the Rainbow of Darkness from Celestia, Scorpan never trusted her. Luna's rebellion lasted a matter of hours, during most of the time Celestia spent trying to find either Rainbow to defeat her, and settled for the Elements. I have an unhealthy interest in G1, and it negatively affects me at times.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18