Bronies of Michigan 68 members · 103 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Title says it all, what did you write and where in Michigan did it take place or was based?

I have a story that I am working on and there are some sections that take place in "Detrot"... And its a shithole. Anyway, at one point, there is a small part where an oil tanker is sabotaged and blows up, spilling lamp oil for the factories and destroys on of the only nice beaches in the city.

Other than that, i had an idea that I will never write which involves a human and a pony trying to deliver a biological weapon that will save Equestria from changelings from the Midland Dow Chemical Plant to Detroit international where a portal will take them to Equestria.

Also, i want to write a small story that takes place in a mansion in ponified Bloomfield Hills.

Celestia Sleeps In largely takes place on North Fox Island, which is off the Leelanau peninsula (near Traverse City). For the purposes of the story, the island is absolutely perfectly situated.

There are also parts of the story which take place in Traverse City, Grand Rapids, and Charlevoix, as well as other Michigan mentions, such as Meijer and a Michicraft brand canoe.

The protagonist is from Hastings.

I'm actually kind of surprised no one has done anything with Mackinac Island yet. The whole place plays up equines like crazy and one of the first things off the ferry downtown is a popular bar called "The Pink Pony." :pinkiehappy:

Figures Dow would have something for dealing with Changelings...

Brony2893
Group Admin

My story, To Live Another Life, has a few mentions of Best State, but I had no idea about any others till now.

I went to college in Midland... They own EVERYTHING!

And I had an idea for Mackinac Island. It would be mainly telling and listening to Dialogue from Humans, but the Premise is that a horse is born on the island in our world and they name her Celeste. She grows to be incredibly strong, and so they call her the "powerhouse pony". Anyway, the story goes along slow until one winter or something when a carriage is rented by tourists. The tourists get off for some reason and a girl named Lauren walks off and accidentally breaks through the ice as she wandered out in the frozen beach. Celeste breaks out of the Bridal and rescues her, but drowns. But, she lives on in the Lauren's imagination, who, years later, creates a show and names the main Character's mentor Celestia after the horse who saved her.

I haven't written any fanfictions that take place in Michigan but I do have a few rough drafts of a novle I was working on that dake place in a fictional town in Michigan. I stoped working on it sometime before MLP:FIM even started... I should go back and look at it again sometime.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6