Warriors Return 377 members · 90 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

Warrior’s Return Writing Challenge: Revolution

Challenge:
Write the beginning of a story where one pony (or other creatures from Equestria) is transported to a universe where there is either a revolution in progress, or the formation of one. The story doesn’t have to be finished in the time limit, but must have at least two decent length (2000 words or more) chapters up by the time the time limit expires.
Bonus points if the main character is one who we don’t have in the group yet, i.e. most background ponies, Rarity or Pinkie Pie etc.

Time limit:
Two months - January 10th

Prize:
Featured on the front page of the group, plus I'll put a blog post on my profile about your story.

Restrictions:
The main character cannot be an OC. (OC's are allowed if there are going to be more than one characters from Equestria going to the new universe, so long as there is at least one canon character)

Other than that, there are no restrictions. Universes can be historical, from media sources or completely made up, so long as there is a revolution or rebellion in place. They can be dark or comical, and your main character can take either side in the fight, for better or for worse.

When you're ready, add your stories to the writing challenge folder, as well as the relavent character folder.

Important Note: At the moment, I'm the only one who will be judging stories, but if anyone else would like to step up and give me a hand, then you can be an admin and give me a hand. Obviously if you are judging, you can't enter the contest.

3785293 Oh know this sounds like something I could work up. :3

Sounds interesting. I might have to come up with something.

Still brainstorming ideas, but I really do want to do this one.

3785293 Does it count if its a rebellion in occupied territory? Like the French resistance in WWII or Homefront?

3786627 I would assume so, yes.
A revolution technically would imply "Occupied" territory. So a revolution/rebellion in a country conquered in a war and occupied by foreign soldiers should count.

3786891 well when I think revolution, I think of a place already conquered, while a resistance type thing (Which I'm going for) would be during the invasion. I think that it counts, but technicalities are a bitch.

3786995 Ask a revolutionary and they'll likely see themselves as a "resistance"

If the Resistance goes from guerrilla raids to revolution, it counts.

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

France in World War II works as a revoloution yes, although as Monochromatic said, that could be more of a resistance unless they get proper forces behind them, such as the French liberation of Paris in WWII. I would class that as the revoloution in the resistance personally.

Well, I have my idea, my outline, and about half of the prologue written. Looks like I'm definitely doing this. :pinkiehappy: We'll see how much of it I get done by the contest deadline, but I think I can at least get out the required two chapters. It's going to be a Luna story, and a sci-fi pony AU setting. Should be pretty fun.

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

I look forward to it. Add it to the writing challenges folder when you're ready. :twilightsmile:

Well, the first two chapters are up. I expect to have at least two more before the contest ends. Maybe more, we'll see how it goes!

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

Just read it. I like where it,s going.

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

There wasn't really any interest in the first one

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

I could put another one up if you want/have an idea for a theme?

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

I'll start asking around, that may be a good idea though. I'll let you know if I get any groups interested

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21