Warriors Return 377 members · 90 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Well, due to lack of activity on this forum, I'd thought I'd set this up as an ice breaker. Other than mlp, what is your favorite setting, particularly for "Warrior's Return"-esque Stories? I for one am particular to the Command & Conquer Tiberian Series and to Warhammer 40K. I still detest their publishers though...buncha greedy urchins. :ajbemused:

Fallout's often an interesting place to send someone, though I'll admit to wanting to see a few Warrior's Return in some fantasy settings that don't seem to be too common at present, such as the D&D multiverse (seeing Dash, Twi or AJ in one of the Wars of the Lance or going through things under Drizzt's watch could be interesting) or with them being a vehicle user instead of being on foot most of the time, say ending up in somewhere like the Earth featured in Patlabour or Macross/Robotech.

It could also be interesting to have some where they end up forcibly shape shifted to something unusual but in setting and shifting back upon their return to Equestria.

Honestly though, setting is one thing and it helps to have a good one, but a good author can do wonders even with a fairly low detail setting, particularly if they've got interesting characters to play with.

3192239 Personally? Mata Nui because I mean it's such a beautiful landscape and is perfect for turning any new comers into hardened warriors in no time at all. Plus it's a very unique place.

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

Warhammer 40,000 personally. There's something about the bleakness of the grim dark universe meeting the colourful MLP universe.

3192239 Deus Ex.
I mean come on, the Illuminati and ponies and mechanical limbs, what's not to love?
That and the fact that it may not be 40K but it's still pretty damn dark.

I tend to prefer original settings, myself. I like building words. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7