The Admin's Group 204 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

EDIT: The issue has been resolved. There was a site wide notice about it.

Here's a bug I recently became aware of from a different group: It seems as though group admins can no longer unban users from a group. Anytime a group admin tries to change the member status of a banned user, this error message pops up:

I've already posted a comment about this on the site's staff page...

Professor Plum
Group Admin

We are already aware of the issue.

In future, please don't post bug reports on the staff page as nobody receives a notification when you do, and it could be days before it's noticed. PM a member of staff directly.

Yeah, I just saw Meeester's reply. Like I said to him, I'll keep in mind to use PMs from now on for any bug reports I'm aware of, but I also kinda wish we had a "bug report" option. I mostly use Fimfiction from my phone, and sending the initial PM is a bit of a pain... :unsuresweetie:

Or maybe a bug tracker, where you could see all the already reported bugs too, so you don't submit duplicates?

--Sweetie Belle

Professor Plum
Group Admin

Eh. Setting up a bug tracker would be more trouble than it's worth, currently. The admins are focussing on some really big updates (proper phone apps, tag system overhaul, genfic release, etc.) so if they wanted to add such a function, it would be way down the list of priorities.

On the plus side, properly fleshed-out mobile apps are (I think) the next big update coming out, so sending a PM shouldn't be much of an issue any more.

The admins are focussing on some really big updates (. . . genfic release)

properly fleshed-out mobile apps are (I think) the next big update coming out

Oh, that's awesome. :pinkiehappy:

I'll admit I'd like to see some improvement on the pm system, too, like adding previews of messages you're sending and things, (not to mention group overhauls!) but the things that are being worked on sound pretty neat.

--Sweetie Belle

adding previews of messages you're sending

That would be a nice touch, actually. I know I've made a couple of mistakes because I couldn't preview what I wrote the way regular comments allow us to. :twilightsheepish:

I also kinda wish if I've gotten a dozen replies on the same pm, that it'd all show as one line in my list of received pms, as a collapsed thread. Or that I could send a pm to multiple members at the same time, like all the admins of a group...

--Sweetie Belle

Ohhhh...

Insider information.

Genfic release?
Is that the Knighty-Brand-fanfiction.net or something?

Professor Plum
Group Admin

Something like that, aye.

Ahh, neat-o.

I was actually very much looking forward to that! But hadn't heard about it in a while. Very glad to hear plans continue apace, and my endless and greedy need to consume fanfiction will continue to be met in the future.

Thanks Plummy!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12