The Admin's Group 204 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

So, it's like this:
A quite long time ago, the founder and only admin of a group I'm in asked for new admins. I and a couple of other members answered that we where interested in becoming admins, and the current admin hired us for the job. The thing is that she hasn't made us admins yet. Currently, we're having the same amount of control in group as any other member, and by now I'm starting to suspect that she doesn't know the full meaning of making someone an admin in a group.
I have been thinking of approaching her on the matter of getting admin status in the group, but I'm not really sure how to do it, and would appreciate if someone could give me some advice!

Send her a PM asking about her proposal. Be subtle, and doesn't shove on her face you are waiting for your promotion.
Depending on her answer, just teach her how to change your status. Fluttershy will be glad for your assertiveness.

I hear that talking to people is a pretty effective means of communication.

Seriously, just PM them and say 'Ohhai. Just noticed you still haven't made people admins. Just reminding you that you need to find us in the members list and click us over to admin positions, or we can't do a single thing to help!'

Thanks for the advice! I'll try that. It's never a good idea to shove thing in people's face, instead, it's better to be nice and kindly remind her of her promise!:twilightsmile:

Yep, that will defiantly get things going!:rainbowlaugh:

Yep. Doesn't really strike me as so sensitive a topic that you need to tip-toe around an issue.
It's not like some big emotional situation where you have to worry about someone's feelings.

She agreed to make you admins. And she forgot or didn't know how to do it. So... just tell her, or remind her.

People always make things far more difficult then they have to be. :twilightoops:

Yeah, probably, it's just my stupid brain being so kind and shy sometimes!:facehoof:

'Tis not unkind to talk straight to people.

Though yes, shyness is applicable.

But look at it this way:
If you try not to dance around an issue, then you don't need to kill yourself coming up with all that 'expert mode' interaction of trying to coat everything in nerf foam and say things in the absolute best and most innocuous way possible.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9