The Shimmerverse 354 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Evowizard25
Group Admin

Hello and welcome my faithful viewers. I just wanted to pop in and say hi and explain a few things about this universe. Since a lot of these things are very important, I'm going to be posting several blogs explaining some details of the Shimmerverse here instead of just in my profile. Some of these aspects are major, but are important to the universe I'm creating.

Now a lot of you may wonder: Why isn't Celestia a Queen? She has complete and utter power in her rule. She should be called one.

Wrong.

Equestria can't stand queens, or even the simple term. It is considered a foul word in the Equestrian language and it is one of the worst insults to say a pony is 'acting like a Queen'. Kings fare no better, though queens also inspire fear in the hearts of ponies.

Why? This all goes back to Equestria's last and worst ruler: Queen Majesty.

A mare so vile, that her name is hesitantly spoken in scarcity to this day. Majesty was a puritan, believing in the pony master race. (So much so as to try and wipe out and actually convert other races....Said conversion potion has been lost to time.) As well, she made sure to keep pony races separate in their breeding. She controlled every facet of their lives and was the epitome tyrant. Not even king Sombra in the height of his reign could match her. For while he did everything for the sake of power, Majesty was twisted in the way that she thought she was doing right. She slaughtered million with a smile on her face. It wasn't until her personal 'all mare' guard finally realized her insanity and struck her down. {Said guard would become the Sisters of Vengeance.} Since then, Equestria has never had a queen or king.

So calling Celestia a queen would be epitome with calling her a bloodthirsty tyrant. Very heretical.

So instead, Celestia took the title of Princess, or in truth, Grand Princess. Though some just call her The Sun Goddess.
Making Sunset a Minor Princess and Spike a Minor Prince.

{As well, any and all rulers inside Equestria have to call themselves princes and princess' because of the Equestrian hate. The terms Grand and Minor do help sort it out though.}

.... Does this effect how the ponies view the fact that some other countries may or may not be ruled by Queens or Kings?

Evowizard25
Group Admin

3955240 Ponies are wary of other nations for multiple reasons, however, as I stated above, ponies don't refer to them as such. That is insulting.

3955377 in the immortal words of Zaheer

"I don't believe in queens"

I approve of this theory.

I do think there could be worse than Majesty. Something such as a ponified Sauron, one who would create orc ponies to slay anything and everything that isn't of her own creation.

Majesty was a puritan, believing in the pony master race.

Better than the Unicorn supremacists.

Are all the Sisters of Vengeance unicorns?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8