Padded Ponies and Adult Foals 1,303 members · 965 stories
Comments ( 38 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 38

First of all, shout out to Latecomer, the idea was his and it is with his permission that I've created this collab.

For those interested, I present to you the first ever collab for a padded ponies group involving potty training. The collab is rated T for Teen. But before I link to the Google doc and list the currently available characters, there are some rules that need to be covered.

1. Stories must be SFW, meaning content should not exceed a PG rating. The Teen rating is more of a precaution than anything. If you're not sure whether something would be allowed, ask. But of course, owing to the nature of this collab and the rating, some things obviously aren't allowed (no foalcon, no sexual content, no gore, no death).
2. Potty training needs to be the focus of each entry, though the character (or characters) involved does not necessarily need to succeed. The character (or characters) also need not be undergoing potty training for the first time, as the collab is rated Teen ageplay content is allowed (provided it is nonsexual).
3. To qualify, a collab entry must be at least 500 words long and no more than 10,000 words long. Ideally, it should fall somewhere within the 1,000 to 5,000 word range.
4. When you want to do an entry for the collab, pick from a list of the provided characters and write a story that involves the concept of potty training. When you're done, add it to the Google Doc (if you haven't already) and leave the name of a character that hasn't been done yet. I'll try my best to keep the list updated, but be sure to check the collab itself from time to time in case you need a reminder.
5. You can include alternative universe versions of a character, including Equestria Girls. But you may only do one version of each character (so if you pick the human version, the pony version cannot be allowed).
6. Tag all entries accordingly with the category tags in the Google Doc, such as "Random", "Slice of Life", "Comedy", and/or "Drama". And if there's anything that authors need to know or should be warned about, put it in a note beneath the author tag so that it will show up in the author's notes when your entry is published.
7. You can collab with other authors, asking them to pick up an entry and leave behind a character you want to do. But to keep the collab from just being a constant back and forth between two or three authors on the same set of characters, you will need to alternate between one sequel/prequel/continuation and at least one original entry.
8. Feel free to turn any of the entries you submit into a story if inspiration strikes. But if you want to make a story out of other entries, you need to at least get the permission of the original author first (if you're having trouble contacting them, let me know and I'll try to help).
9. You can call dibs on a character if you have an idea for a story, they're granted on a "First come, first serve" basis. But dibs are only valid for a week, after which if you have not completed (or have come close to completing) your entry, your dib will expire. if someone else called a dib after you, they get first crack at it. If not, the character is put back on the list and anyone can claim it.
10. These rules may get updated over time, depending on how long the collab lasts. Anyone who breaks the rules will have their submitted entry rejected. First offenders get a warning, second offenders will not be allowed to partake in the collab for at least two days, and third offenders onward will be barred from the collab for at least a month.

Now then, the collab itself can be found here: Potty Training Tales. And here is the link to the Google Doc hosting it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MpoOmbJz8wDxNf5K7AWJbW0oXiAsfw_uhDJ4APFjHWU/edit.

And here is the current list of characters to choose from:
Twilight Sparkle
Pinkie Pie
Silver Spoon
Fluttershy
Rarity

Foal Star has claimed the first entry in the collab. He has taken Fluttershy and left behind Shining Armor. When all five starting characters have been crossed off, this thread will have a reply showing the next available entries (or if it starts to get to a considerable length and people need a refresher).

Diokno44 has claimed and completed Twilight Sparkle and left behind Princess Celestia.

Two quick heads up, folks. We've got two prompts in the works at the current moment. freedome-blitz has claimed Pinkie Pie and in its place has left Princess Luna. And Foal Star has taken Princess Celestia and is leaving behind Dr. Whooves.

Latecomer has claimed Silver Spoon and replace her with Rainbow Dash, so now all of the mane six can be accounted for (once they're taken up that is).

I am taking Shining Armor and leaving behind Spike.

I've taken Rainbow Dash and will replace her with Big Macintosh.

Foal Star has taken Big Macintosh and in his place has left behind Starlight Glimmer.

I'm taking Princess Luna and leaving behind Prince Blueblood.

Foal Star has claimed Prince Blueblood and left behind Derpy.

I've taken Starlight Glimmer and in light of recent developments have decided to leave behind Sunset Shimmer. Let me remind everyone that only one version of a character may be included in the collab. So whoever wishes to claim Sunset may use either human or pony Sunset, but not both.

I've decided to claim Derpy and to replace her I've left Princess Cadence. Tomorrow, I will update this with a list of all currently available prompts.

6913732 Alright, bumping this thread! It's been almost a month now, let's take a look at the prompts currently offered.

The current list of characters to choose from is:
Dr. Whooves
Princess Cadence
Sunset Shimmer
Spike
Rarity

Foal Star has claimed Spike and left Smolder. Which I am taking and replacing with Silverstream, since I already did a sort of potty training fic with her, but am curious to see what someone else could do with her.

Comment posted by SuperPinkBrony12 deleted Sep 10th, 2019

Matt11 has decided to take Sunset Shimmer and Dinky is replacing her.

Yosh E-O claimed Silverstream and has interestingly decided on Terramar as her replacement.

Also, just a heads-up now, I'm going to be gone from Thursday to Tuesday on vacation with my family. The collab will be on hiatus during that time, though anyone still working on ideas may do so. If you want to find something to do until I get back, check out this idea.

Seeing as no one seems to want to do her, I'm going to be taking Rarity and leaving Cozy Glow to replace her.

Comment posted by SuperPinkBrony12 deleted Sep 10th, 2019

It's been a while, but I'm back from vacation and ready to get back to work. So I'll be taking Dr. Whooves and replacing him with Pipsqueak.

Princess Cadence has been picked up, this time by Foal Star. And in her place he has left the original intended replacement prompt Sombra.

6942346 6913732 Okay, the list of prompts is going to be updated again now that all the offered ones have been crossed off.

Here's the current list of characters to choose from:
Pipsqueak
Sombra
Sunset Shimmer
Terramar
Cozy Glow

I've taken Sombra and am replacing him with Sunburst.

Matt 11 has decided to back off on Sunset Shimmer so she is back on the list and Dinky is now gone.

Diokno44 has claimed Sunset Shimmer and left Nightmare Moon, which I shall be taking and replacing with Dinky.

Yosh E-O took Cozy Glow, and the replacement has been decided on as Lyra.

I've claimed Terramar and in his place have left Moon Dancer.

Latecomer is taking Moon Dancer and replacing her with Yona, so now we've got another student/young six character up for grabs.

Sunset Shimmer is now back up for grabs. Due to the odd nature of prompt claiming, I'm willing to open Sombra back up even though I technically have a prompt based on him. Though more likely I'll just "gift" him to another author.

7050371 6986439 In light of the confusion caused by the sudden withdrawl of a claim on the Sunset Shimmer prompt and my subsequent "gifting" of the Sombra prompt to another writer, allow me to try and clear things up.

The current list of characters to choose from is:
Pipsqueak
Dinky
Sunset Shimmer
Yona
Lyra

6913732 7051690 Okay, the rules are getting overhauled after talking it over with Latecomer.

While it it still preferable to take a character that hasn't been done you are no longer obligated to do so, if you have an idea for a character you may use them so long as what you're doing with them hasn't already been done (and in general it would be preferred for the same author not to take the same character twice). Though again you must pick a version of a character, though in some cases blending two different versions (such as with Sunset Shimmer) is allowed.

There will also be a general promotion/ideas board for those who don't necessarily want to contribute prompts but want to spitball ideas for others to consider either as prompts or as stories.

The one week deadline is no longer enforceable, though if popularity does pick up and we have people waiting that may change.

All content must still be SFW and PG (perhaps PG-13 at worst) and it must be related to potty training with the character in question at least undergoing it (though again they don't need to necessarily succeed).

Yosh E-O has decided to take Dinky, and the unofficial replacement for now is Fancy Pants though he also suggested names like Snow Drop and Button Mash.

I'm going to be taking Fancy Pants and while a replacement isn't as necessary under the rule changes I'll still be leaving Gallus due to Thanksgiving lurking just around the corner, though I would also like to toss out the possibility of stuff for Ocellus, Cheerilee, or even Spitfire or Soarin. Yosh E-O also suggested possible stuff for Twist and Daring Do, so if anyone comes up with something and wants to write it they can.

Yona has been claimed by me, I'm only making posts for those characters originally on the list from the last update. Once they're all stricken I'll just leave it as it and anyone can claim any character they haven't already taken. For an unofficial replacement Sandbar is being tossed out as the last of the Student/Young Six, and there are prompts to consider even for joint characters.

Sandbar is done, and I'm taking Lyra and leaving Tempest Shadow.

Pipsqueak's done, and his unofficial replacement is Cheese Sandwich. Once Sunset Shimmer has been claimed I will no longer update this list unless someone specifically asks.

Sunset Shimmer has been taken and finished. So I will not update the list from here on out. If you're wondering who still has yet to be claimed, you can ask.

Well folks, it's been fun. As of now the collab is officially labeled "Completed". I may come back to it someday if there's a demand and if people are interested, but the collab itself was mostly getting back on suggestions both direct and indirect, including others willing to be credited for ideas but not necessarily wanting to write them themselves.

Assuming this is ever updated there probably won't be a list unless someone specifically wants to know who's available.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 38