Cheese Pie 717 members · 170 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

I know we have these rolling off the flank, because Sketcha-Holic's blog thread went absolutely nuts. Anything you'd care to share? Authors sometimes keep these close to the vest, but I'm sure you have a few.

This isn't to try to push any ideas on anyone (I hate the word "headcanons," for that reason), but I thought it would be fun!

I'll start the ball rolling with a few of my own:

1. Cheese isn't exactly from Manehattan. He's from Neigh Jersey.
--I know the show calls the whole area "Manehattan," but I can't be the only person from New York or New Jersey who is driven crazy by that. We're used to other people saying "New York," when what they mean is Manhattan, which is one of only five boroughs. And don't get me started on what people think about New Jersey: if you're from there, it's a permanent punchline. In that shot of him as a colt, he's headed from Manehattan-ish and going towards Ponyville, he's headed west, not north. And so--Cheese is from Neigh Jersey. And I use this amazing map.
2. Cheese's parents are named Gefilte and Horseradish, and his mom is, to put it nicely, a piece of work. He's also an only foal.
3. I borrowed this one from Polka Horse and FillyBlue, the artist who does Ask Cheese Sandwich, but it makes sense to me: Cheese can't bake, and the less said about his cooking, the better. He can pull party stuff from hammerspace, but on the road, there's a lot of sniffing at things and "eh, I can probably still eat that."
4. He has the same ability to puff his tail out that Pinkie Pie does, but it's naturally curly, so it doesn't go flat. (I once had him bristle it, like a cat.) He uses it as a mattress.
5. When he's cold or upset, he sleeps curled up in a ball, but otherwise he sleeps with all four legs in the air, kinda like this:

How 'bout yours?

LOL. Gotta join this crazy train. Let's see, some of mine aren't quite so happy as yours. I have a dark mind sometimes :pinkiecrazy:

1. He can't fall asleep without Boneless 2 between his hooves. He sleeps curled up his tail wrapped around him.
2. He's good at baking, especially cupcakes. Though he can't get them to look fancy, they taste good. He learned from his Grandma and his experiences on the road.
3. Cheese's parents are not nice, at all. His father is a wealthy unicorn CEO and his mother's a famous unicorn model. To say they caused him to have issues is an understatement.
4. His hobby is carpentry, and he's really good at it. I kind of got the idea from the show where he's helping construct the stage for Rainbow's party.
5. He can be downright dangerous when he's angry, and can lay out some serious damage. He got that way from his past and his years of wandering.
6. He can't hold his liquor, at all. So, he only drinks non alcoholic cider and avoids alcohol like the plague.
7. He's a very clean stallion, and is enamored with bubble baths. He considers them one of life's greatest luxuries.

So there's some of mine. I'll admit, I have no idea where half of them came from. My mind wanders sometimes. I think I'm projecting with the baths, I can't stand to be dirty!

The Princess Rarity
Group Admin

What, no Pinkie headcanons? Tch, looks like I gotta pop in for this one.

--Gummy is her teddy bear. She always cuddles him when she sleeps. He obviously doesn't mind, but he does have a tendency to chew on her face when she's not awake.

--She always had her high spirits, even before the Sonic Rainboom. Her Grandma Surprise was constantly full of light, and everypony else in the family kinda called her crazy. Pinkie was really the only one who appreciated the silliness of her grandmother. They were really close.

--She is distantly related to Rainbow Dash as well. One of RD's dads is Pinkie's father's cousin's brother.
(I've been planning to make a story about RD's crazy awesome family anyway... I should do that.)

--She is the youngest of the Mane Six.

--She has been featured on many of Vinyl Scratch / DJ Pon-3's songs (because they were close friends in school). Equestria Girls and Pony Rock Anthem are just the tip of the iceberg.

--The reason that she gets all Pinkamena without her friends is because it brings back the dark memories of back on the rock farm right after her family was tense because her Grandma Surprise died. It was a dark time and Pinkie felt alone and neglected, seeing how her grandmother was the only pony who she could relate to and be actual friends with. Then, the Rainboom came and everything was ok.

3255514 Well, I did think CheesePie, and I guess I figured people already had Pinkie headcanons, but--your and my headcanon about Pinkie and her Grandma are very, very similar!

3255514 Love the bit about Pinkie's grandmother. Actually would help a lot in explaining things. I also feel that Pinkie's the youngest of the Mane 6. The part about Gummy's so cute!

You guys just all pounced when I put that blog up. :rainbowlaugh: It was nuts and I loved it.

So, the Cheese in my little 'verse (not the AU in my story, I'll touch on that some other time):

1. He has a brother named Tomato, 'Tommy' for short. They are opposites in many ways, even when they were colts. Folks swarmed Tommy and overlooked Cheese, and when Cheese was noticed, they'd compare him to his oh-so-special bro. Naturally, he resented that, and still does.
(I really want to write a story about them, but I can't figure out for the life of me just what I want the setting to be! :raritydespair:)

2. He worked in a music shop for a time, and that's where he threw his first party.

3. His mane gets crazier when he's in a bad mood. Get him angry enough and his hair will look as if he got struck by lightning. However, he can fix it with a simple shake of the head (once he calms down, that is).

4. In the presence of a disturbing visual, Cheese's first instinct is to shield Boneless 2's eyes.

5. His middle name is Alfred (because obvious reference is obvious).

6. He tends to put too much cheese on some things he eats.

7. He owns several kinds of bodysuits: a muscle suit, a fat suit, full body suits of celebrities... it's hilarious every time he uses one (or several at the same time).

8. He sings little ditties to himself as he travels. Usually about what he sees or what kind of party he threw or what kind of adventure he just got out of.

So, yeah, those are some things that run around in my head. :derpytongue2:

I think most of us agree on the bit on Pinkie's Grandma. Sad to think about, but makes sense.

That Gummy thing is cute. :twilightsmile:

Oh, yes, and specifically CheesePie, as in their relationship--

This is one of those close-to-the-vest ones, but I don't think it's anything I haven't implied before. Pinkie can hear him. His magic is ignited by hers and Boneless was his connection to her, so when he gave it back to her, it fused a magical bond, full circle. And partly because of that, he is unconsciously constantly sending out a radio signal to her. She more or less knows where he is, which is why she doesn't worry about him. She knows he'll come back, which is why he doesn't trigger her abandonment issues. She freaked out completely when he had that accident in Seaddle, because he dropped the signal entirely and she reacted as though he had died. That was a really close call, too. He thinks he was ok, but he wasn't at all, and he's lucky to be alive. And let's put it this way--she hears a lot of his thoughts. Much better than whatever comes out of his mouth.

3255659 Gosh that's sweet. I like that theory, it makes a lot of sense for writing a Cheese Pie fic. Especially about Cheese getting hurt part (I really have an obsession with seriously injuring main characters :pinkiecrazy:). In mine they are both powerful users of earth pony magic which runs on a different plane than unicorn magic. That's why they both have a connection with the earth and those living on it (their Pinkie and Cheese sense). But, the magic is dependent on their personal emotions, becoming more powerful with happy emotions and so on. I have a thing for earth ponies :twilightsheepish: Their connection is mostly romantic, but they have an enhanced sense of where each other is at any given point in time (though not nearly the level you have them at). So yeah, that's my theory and what I've been rolling with. I like yours better though.

The Princess Rarity
Group Admin

3255659 EVERYTHING YOU WRITE ABOUT THEM IS CUTE -- IT'S LIKE A CURSE YOU HAVE. :pinkiecrazy:

3255791 I'M SORRY

--no, I'm really not. :pinkiehappy:

3255638 4. Made me laugh so hard that I'm glad no one else was around. I enjoy all of them, and the hair bristling is something like what I'd thought, too.

3255010 For Cheese Sandwich:

Headcanon 1. He had laser surgery just after he got his cutie mark, but he still sometimes wears his old glasses as part of an act.

Headcanon 2. He can pull practically anything out of midair from any place, but he especially loves to pull things out from his tail, like his idol.

Headcanon 3. Deep down, he's got feelings for Pinkie Pie. But the instant he thinks about expressing them, he blushes and sometimes gets so shy you can't hear a word he's saying.

Headcanon 4. He has a family, but he seldom interacts with them. Largely because he feels like they don't understand his talent.

Headcanon 5. He's actually, partially allergic to cheese. He has to take medication for it.

And for Pinkie Pie:

Headcanon 1. She had an imaginery friend named Surprise, who was a pegasus. No one knows what happened to Surprise, though some say she lives on as a member of The Wonderbolts.

Headcanon 2. Pinkamina is an extention of her, that only shows up whenever she gets really depressed.

Headcanon 3. She once had a nightmare in which she tortured and killed Rainbow Dash and turned her into cupcakes. She doesn't like to talk about that dream.

Headcanon 4. The Cakes actually considered adopting Pinkie Pie when she first came to live with them. Pinkie Pie revealed that she still interacts with her family.

Headcanon 5. Pinkie Pie and Octavia are cousins, and Pinkie Pie was partially responsible for convincing Octavia to move back to Ponyville between Seasons 1 and 2.

'Nother headcanon of mine! :pinkiecrazy:

Pinkie and Cheese's families would despise each other when they meet. Especially the parents, who'll argue about each others' occupations, lifestyles, and the way they raised their kids, especially when it came to the respective party ponies of each family. And Pinkie and Cheese's attempts to lighten the mood don't even phase them.

Ah, it'd be quite the interesting conflict, no? :trixieshiftright:

The Princess Rarity
Group Admin

3258051 Dear God, yes, we need a story of that.

I actually think that Cheese Sandwich is a only child in this huge wide-spread but tight-knit family. His mom, Porsha, and dad, Calzone, are both Earth Ponies from mostly pegasi and unicorn families, respectively. His mother's side of the family specializes in working and building carriages, skyships and trains, while his father's side of the family are all small business restruant owners.

Cheese Sandwich is more or less the misfit, seeing how he didn't want to inherit either of the family businesses.

3258051 I probably won't ever get to this, because I already cannibalized the good bits, but I think Pinkie's family would just look at Cheese for a really, really, really long time, and once he was out of earshot, they'd all think for a while, and finally Igneous Rock would say, "Welp. That colt ain't right."

One thing I like about your Pie family is that they aren't awful. I don't think of the Pies as awful. They aren't in either my EG or my regular 'verse. Serious, yes, conservative, yes, rural, yes, but in no way mean or nasty to Pinkie. For one reason and another, the rock farm is not a good place for her, and so they sensibly found her a place with a nice couple they trust where she can live upstairs and have a job. (I like Matt Garner's idea that they tried to pay her in cash, but that she insisted on being paid in video game tokens.) I'm sure being surrogate parents or exchange student hosts or however you look at them was a real challenge to the Cakes, but the good part is that now having twin foals, one of whom is a Unicorn and the other a Pegasus, is easy-peasy by comparison.

I... can actually see that happening. :rainbowlaugh:

Yeah, one thing that's always bothered me is when somebody depicts the Pies (especially Igneous) as abusive because Pinkie ended up different than what was expected. True, they don't quite understand Pinkie, but deep down under that rough and stoic exterior, they love her. :twilightsmile: I really do not see the need to throw abuse into Pinkie's life (or anypony's for that matter). :rainbowhuh:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17