Blunt Reviews Group 467 members · 170 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Karibela
Group Admin

Hi all! Sorry for the while I've been away, but I think I've made up for it with the new folder system!

Now, every contributor has their own review folder, where people can post fics.
(If there are any errors with the current system, address me so we can get through them quickly to make it all work)

Finished reviewed fics of higher scores will still be placed in the folders they were before, and they've been tidied up a bit, too.

We have some folders which still have fics to be reviewed/criticised, which have been locked. When all of these fics have been finished by contributors, these folders will be removed.

Now, for some aesthetics for the contributors!
Contributors: What do you want your folders to be called? If you have any descriptions that you would like for your folders, place them here/ pm them to me!
Also, if you want fic-caps to your folders, say so too. Remember that these folders are your claimed folders as well as your submissions!

(As a rule, I'd appreciate it if stories reviewed by one reviewer shouldn't be re-reviewed, unless if there's some significant changes to it, and this should be PM'ed to one of the contributors anyway)
(I will be changing the other threads on Rules and FAQs soon. I'm thinking of merging it together to one thread, so there's less stickies) (Which I've just done!)

silverspawn
Group Admin

Does it still have to start with "Review"? I prefer the term "analysis" which afaik is less commonly associated with stuff like categories and stiff criteria.

Karibela
Group Admin

5739806 It doesn't have to, if that's what you prefer?
The system adds much more individualism to the group, so this is fine.

What would you like your folder called, and what description?

silverspawn
Group Admin

I'll go with "silver analysis submission folder" with description "Blunt Reviews/Analysis of stories based on the impact they leave"

Karibela
Group Admin

If anybody else wants changes to their folders, tell me!
(This includes preferred fics/not preferred, caps, titles, images, anything you can put in the folder title/description)

silverspawn
Group Admin

So, the way it works from now on is that we're not claiming stories anymore, but people just submit into whatever folder they want? What happens to the one still in the Old Folder?

Karibela
Group Admin

5740105 you may still claim those fics, and I'd advise you to do so in order to get them finished.
Once they're all gone, we can delete those folders as well as the claim-folders.

Concerning story submission (of my own story), how do I know to which reviewer I should submit it to? Does it matter? Or does each one review only certain story types?
Thanks!
~Melly~

Karibela
Group Admin

5791311 Go on the submission folder and you can check out if anyone has any written preferences. If not, just submit wherever (assuming they don't have a already-full cap)

BatwingCandlewaxxe
Group Contributor

My folder is filling up faster than I'll be able to get to stuff, thanks to real life getting stupidly complicated.

Can you put a 5 story limit on my folder? That's where I'm at now, and I'd like to keep from getting flooded with new stories while I'm getting other things sorted out.

Oh, and I'd prefer "No Crossovers unless pre-approved" if possible as well.

Karibela
Group Admin

Joined literally 15 or so minutes ago. The Submission Folder does not say whether its closed or not. Are you guys in the middle of a cycle or something?

Karibela
Group Admin

We don't mark them closed/open, or we didn't when this thread was implemented. So it's safe to say they're all open... just, check the forum threads for who's active first. I for instance, am not currently.

Thank you. I would have like to add my story earlier, but I didn't want to do anything without solid permission. BTW it seems SpitFlame is not accepting stories, so I decided to settle in Silver Analysis' folder instead. He's not currently active, is he?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14