The Church of Madoka 39 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28

I say we try to end all suffering forever cause that's what Madoka would want us to do.

Anyone got any ideas?

That's hard... As long as there's life, suffering will come along, as it is the way life struggles in order to evolve and improve. Madoka tried, but even her couldn't relieve the world from suffering. I guess that by rejecting suffering, we are rejecting life itself.

Do you not try to reduce the amount of suffering in your life as much as possible? Is that not what everyone does?

Maybe it is impossible to end all suffering, but, like Madoka said, if you kick and scream and fight like hell you still move forward just a little bit. I say we try to end suffering- as much as we possibly can!

That, I agree! :ajsmug:
I'm clueless about the solution, though. :applejackunsure:

Yay! I finally get to enact my plan to put the entire human race into pods and keep them happily drugged up to the gills forever. For the Greater Good!

Not like that Luminary.:ajbemused:

Why does everyone always get so uppity when you say you want to make the world a better place?

"No! Everything would be horrible if we make it better! All the stuff we did up until now is good but any more is a bad idea. :raritydespair:"

It alleviates my suffering to be silly. :fluttershysad:

B-but fine. If you want me to suffer more...

What? N-no! I'm sorry Lumi! Please don't suffer:fluttercry:.

Can I still have my silent, tomb-like pod world? :fluttershysad:

Um...

Okay, how bout this. We cut out your brain and hook you up to a virtual reality where everyone is in a pod.

I think the existential meaninglessness of it would cause me a great deal of suffering. :fluttershbad:

Maybe even more than the suffering I get from knowing that people aren't cozy and warm and mindlessly content in the HappyPods.

What existential meaninglessness? Don't you already have that? The only meaning in life, or in anything, is the meaning we give it.

And would it reduce your suffering if I scratched you behind the ears?

My life is totally full of delicious philosophical value. :twilightsmile:

B-but maybe a little.

I guess that by rejecting suffering, we are rejecting life itself.

Nyah.

Hard to remove all suffering and still have something resembling any human existence we can know of. But everything from lunch breaks to painkillers are all about making your life less full of it. A great deal of our time and effort is about the alleviation of human suffering. And by and large, we've really, really, really reduced it! And we haven't diminished life or humanity one iota.

Buuuut I think you'd be hard-pressed to get rid of it completely.

Far easier to increase happiness and enjoyment, I think. To just overshadow the bad we can't entiiiiiirely erase!

I agree with it. Removing everything is hard, but working together to lessen it, is fine.

Good! Hope you don't mind if I scratch them with my teeth.

Buuuut I think you'd be hard-pressed to get rid of it completely.

B-but! Drills and priercing the heavens, and interdimensional whatevers and- and do the impossible, eat the inedible, you know?

Our goal should be to reduce suffering, increase happiness and satisfy values as much as possible.

Well, the Madorable One will have to get that last bit, then!

Also...
Oh my... :fluttershyouch:
Earbiting. My secret weakness! :raritydespair:

The only cure for ear biting is more ear biting, silly Lumi.

Ambris. My other weakness. :raritycry:

*googles "Ambris"*

Oh. Do you let him chew on your ears too?

N-not that I'm jealous or anything...

Ambris is the artist of that last TwiDash picture, silly.

The adorableness of their shippy art reduces much suffering.

Oh. Well I like reduced suffering.:twilightsmile:

So that means I'm your only ear-bite-buddy then, right, uh, Lumi?:pinkiehappy:

I never say no to a new bite-buddy.

You two do realize this is a public forum thread and most of our conrades are seeing you two earbiting each other, right? :unsuresweetie:

:rainbowderp:

Um... Madoka... approves of public ear biting. It was in the original japanese version, but they didn't translate that part for political reasons.

I will be googling this for confirmation purposes. :trixieshiftright:
Enjoy your earbiting approved by the Light of Hope while I'm away... :scootangel:

suggestion how about we all agree to be nicer to people and see how that works?

I try to be the nicest as possible with people who don't even deserve my kindness. :fluttershysad:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28