The Church of Madoka 39 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Yes, your third favorite character from the anime.

Mine has to be Kyoko!

Her fangs may have something to do with it.

Those fangs do make it tempting.

But no.

As much as I adore super-virtuous characters like Madoka. I just can't argue with the delicious darkness, dangerous obsession and eventual mind-breaking insanity contained within the local Akemi Homura population.

Third favorite, Luminary. Asking your favorite is basically like asking which character is Homura.

Attention equals zero. Much shame. :raritydespair:

:twilightsmile:

Yeah, Homura is almost always number one and Mami is almost always number five.

There's a reason why Homura chose Kyoko to fight Walpurgis with her. Kyoko may seem like the craziest at first, but Homura knows from past experience that Mami and Sayaka both freak out (to the point of being dangerous) when they hear the truth, but not Kyoko. Kyoko is already as broken and crazy as she's going to get. No tragedy can push you over the edge if you already fell off the cliff. In fact, further tragedy only has a positive impact on her, making her sympathize with those who also suffer.

So even though she appears to be the least trustworthy at first, Kyoko is actually the most stable and reliable of the remaining three magical girls considering the challenges that lay before them

I'd honestly be a bit surprised if the lists didn't end up essentially the same across much of the Madoka fandom entirely.

Homura got by far the most interesting story. And has the deepest character.
Madoka is the default protagonist. An adorable and sweet virtuous girl of virtue, who saved the world.
Kyoko perseveres. Has a mysterious...ish past. And has dat fang.
Sayaka turns out to be pretty weaksauce and doomed. So it's hard to get too attached.
Mami is just a sort of Sue'ish mentor who dies in ten seconds.

Outside of Homura it does vary a bit. Some people think Madoka is too passive and cries too much. Some people really hate Sayaka, while others like how idealistic and proactive she is despite being the least powerful.

But disliking Homura or putting Mami near the top is rare.

Now that I think about it, I've seen someone rant about disliking each character except Kyoko. The worst she ever gets is being called bipolar for changing her opinion on Sayaka too quickly.

Actually, Sayaka. Dem Swords! :rainbowwild:
Also, Oktavia. :twilightsmile:

Kyoko would probably approve.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9