The New Lunar Republic Naval Forces 102 members · 8 stories
Comments ( 178 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 178
Comment posted by Lunarus Solaris Nexus deleted Apr 19th, 2014

3212039 (Why Lolk? And water? Kid's not afraid of water!)

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Contributor

(Because Lolk is one of the anarchist leaders. Maze won't come in until after the first attack. And water because... Well, Rider knows why.)

3212053 (Be warned, you hurt him, you sign your death warrant. It will be slow and painful no matter who comes after you.)
*Astral starts to the second gun with rounds zipping past. Meanwhile, the attack is in full swing, cargo ships are already burning as Gale and Knight begin their second attack run.*
Gale: "Night Watch to Bleach, second pair of missiles armed, ready to launch on aircraft carrier."
Knight: "Good copy, Alfa three, fox three!"
Gale: "Alfa two, fox three."
*Two missiles each leave their bomb bays and streak towards the aircraft carrier as it starts to steam out of port.*

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Contributor

as soon as he reaches the second gun, all the gun crews dissolve into fog, which immediately wraps around Astral.
(It holds him because he's a Pegasus, but it's immune to his ability to break clouds.)

3212066 *Astral struggles hard but is unable to get free.*
Astral: "A.L.I.S.! Hover on my position! Right over it."
A.L.I.S.: "Yes Captain Nexus. ETA, Thirty seconds."

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Contributor

the fog lights up, and Astral is teleported out of the area.

(Nexus your fucked if you underestimate him! Of all things he got inspiration for Lolk from Loki! [if i do remember correctly])

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Contributor

(The name was from Loki. How Lolk operates was from Temple of Horrors.)

3212081 (That is a bullshavic power that I will call you out on.)
A.L.I.S.: "The Captain has vanished off of my sensors, Goldenchord. I am unable to track his position."
Gale: "What do you mean vanished? Where is he?"
Astral: I *static* I am! RTB *static* -ow! Tha*static* order!"
Gale: "Astral! This better not be another trick you son of a-"
Storm: "Clam down First Lieutenant Gale, we'll find him. He called for an RTB so land with us. The whole carrier Thunderbolts can handle it from here."
Gale: "Astral! Astral, come in Faust damn it!"
Knight: "Gale, we need to land, we don't have any munitions."
Gale: "Then I'll crash this damn plane into the bastard! I want his head!"
Storm: "Land now Alfa Squadron, that's an order."
Gale: "....We better go and find him as soon as we can."
Storm: "Don't worry, we will."

3212084 (I RP'd like this before i even knew him.)

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Contributor

(How so?)
Astral appears in a giant fish tank. Glowing runes float about the water, allowing him to breathe.

3212100 Astral: "What the fuck is this? Who the hell are you?"

3212100 (Using smoke to teleport somepony)

(Sorry I'm late, I had to reformat and reinstall my OS. Still havent got skype back up, but iwll let you know.
Whats the status?)

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Contributor

(I have captured an Oc. I intend to use him as bait for a trap.)

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Contributor

(Also, we need a good name for the Anarchists.)

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Contributor

(How is that OP? It seems pretty basic to me.)

3212379 (I still find it OP.)
"I can see you in the shadows. Who are you!? Why can I breathe?"

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Contributor

(Fair enough. Sadly, I can't RP right now. I have work to do.)

3212442 3212473 (Well, let's see if I can get up to the same page as you guys. Having never heard of either the Anarchists or the Secret Service, I will leave that to you two, and proceed with my own fun.)

"All friendly forces, Warthogs 1 & 2 and Lodestars 1 & 2 have arrived, and are engaging enemy forces!"

*The diamond formation of NLRAF drones arrives at the harbor, and immediately breaks apart to begin the attack. Warthog 2 is the first to engage, immediately getting target locks on two docked cargo ships and firing its air-to-ground missiles. Its GAU-22 minigun opens up on the first ship, but as AA fire begins to cloud the sky around it, self-preservation programs kick in and it pulls away towards the sea. Warthog 1 presses on toward the sub pen. Lodestars 1 and 2 maintain their original heading, but slowly begin to separate, 1 to the left and 2 to the right. As they approach the aircraft carriers, they begin to acquire locks for their Hellfire missiles. In my F-35B, I descend and prepare to engage the nearest SE carrier.*

3212473 (It's 2200 dude. take a break and play some.)

3212628 (let me catch you up. A kid has showed up with a squad of three ponies that were a part of the Equestrian Secret Service and the lead, known as Captain Nexus, has been kidnapped. After falling for a trap.)

3212810 (Different Nexus, I assume. And they showed up in FA-200s, right? As in small, unarmed, cannon-fodder civvie two-seaters?)

sorry it took me so long, but battlefield connection has been re-established. NLR-55's telemetry systems are online, but the engines are damaged and will take a few hours to repair, in the meantime, I will board my custom fighter
and join the fight.
switching carrier guns to AI control.

be advised, my callsign is TALON 1, I am ready for CAS and bombardment runs when requested.
my payload is 4 throat-ripper (short range conventional AGM) 2 shockhammer (long range conventional AAM)
3 blue ferret (medium range incendiary AGM) and 4 XMA6 salvos (advanced medium range conventional missle, six targets per salvo.)
and 2 shiva- class nuclear missiles, just in case.

WARNING: hostile A-10 thunderbolt squadron inbound, sensor pings indicate they are carrying rocket pods and AGM-65 mavericks, I am launching fighters to intercept.

screw this, i'm plotting intercept, launching defense drones. time to intercept at full speed is 15 seconds

3213024 (No. Fictional navy super fighter. Think of the plane you fly in the last mission of Black Ops 2.)

Storm: "Take down those planes before they can reach the Goldenchord!"

3213717 (I see. Sorry, it's just the first result for "FA-200" on Google Images was this: .)

3213292 "Hang on, retasking now."

*With a few taps on my onboard computer, Lodestar 2 pulls away from the carriers and targets the A-10s. Quickly gaining missile-lock, it fires off three Stinger missiles. One of the A-10s is able to deploy flares, but the other two are swiftly knocked out of the sky.*

Pilot: "Dump flares! Dump flares!" The pilot in the cockpit screams as he mash's the flare release switch spewing hot orange glowing balls from the tail of the helo. Seconds later a streak of light smash's into one of the flares behind us.

"Shit that was close! ETA to AO?!" I shout into the enclosed canopy up front

Pilot: "ETA twenty seconds."

3213881 Storm: "All hard targets are destroyed. Take out any troops on the docks. Keep eyes open for uniforms. You know the drill. No Civilian Casualties."

"Solid copy sir. ID targets and open fire." I slide open the cargo bay door and haul the gun out so its pointing towards the docks. "Hold steady. Circle around the docks from here!" As soon as the helo goes into a slight circle i spool up the gun and fire a short burst into a small group of marines

3213884 3213891 *Expending all five of its remaining Stingers to bring down the 3 A-10s, Lodestar 2 pulls away, back towards the carrier group. Lodestar 1, with two solid missile locks, looses a barrage of Hellfire missiles into the hulls of two S.E. aircraft carriers. Warthog 1 bears down with both missiles and minigun on the sub pen, sinking at least one sub and damaging two others before breaking away to make another strafe run. Warthog 2 comes around and opens fire on the two cargo ships still afloat. Each endures numerous gashes into its hull, and begins to list heavily; the shipping containers strain audibly at the imbalance. But as the A-10 approaches, a SAM missile tears through its left wing, spraying shrapnel into the jet engine on the same side. Warthog 2 enters a spiraling death dive, barely clearing the cargo ships and crashing into an AA gun emplacement on the dock.

"Goldenchord, this is Nightshade, I have a progress report for you. Inbound A-10s have been destroyed, and all cargo ships have been hit. They should go under any minute now. All drones are being retasked to attack the carriers, but Warthog 2 is down."

*Meanwhile, I line up my F-35B with a line of fighter jets on the deck of an S.E. carrier awaiting takeoff, then switch to guns. Charging forward, I open fire, pounding each jet with my GAU-22 minigun. Passing over the ship, I turn away, then lock missiles onto another carrier.*

"And I just ruined a line of perfectly good Sol fighter jets. Any sign of the Lifeline yet?"

3214066 Gale: "We know where it is, but that's not important at the moment. As soon as you're done, get back here."
Storm: "First Lieutenant Gale, that is not an order for you to give."
Gale: "You have a better idea?"
Storm: "... Do what she says but I give the orders around here. Not you kid."

"Multiple hits with good effect on soft targets. Holding position till retasking, over."

3214069 3214070 "Roger that, but you know how I feel about being kept out of the loop." *I look to my radar display.* "I count two more carriers unsunk, and I just got missile lock on one of them. I'll keep Lodestar 1 with me for support, but sending Lodestar 2 and Warthog 1 back to base."

*I tap in a series of instructions to the drone control system. Warthog 1 and Lodestar 2 peel away, setting a new heading back toward Everfree AFB. Lodestar 1 circles around, then locks missiles on the carrier I just buzzed over.*

"New instructions laid in, executing. Antiship missiles away."

*From my missile bay drop two LRASMs, which coarse over the water and into the hull of the Sol carrier, just above the waterline. Seawater immediately begins to pour in, and I switch to guns and open up on the tower before flying over it and coming around to return to the Goldenchord. Lodestar 1 shortly falls in behind me, having torn open the other carrier's hull with Hellfires. We are on course to RTB.*

3214090 Knight: "You'll get your briefing when you get back. And we may not out rank you, but we have orders that go over even Striker."

3214096 (Are we pretty much done?)

I lean back towards the pilots and signal to turn back home "Headin home colts. Were done here." As the helo breaks out of its flight path around the dock multiple small arms fire slams against the hull and the canopy glass peircing the hull around the engine.

"Shit! This is Delta 2-1 were under heavy small arms fire. Starboard engine is up in smoke and choking smoke. We may need to execute a emergancy landing! Jet try and keep them off of us!" The pilot continues to try and get us out of their range as more and more 5.56x45 and 7.62x51 rounds pepper the hull as a few RPG's are launched off as well.

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Contributor

(So we'll be ending this with Astral Wind captured? Got it.)

3214113 Storm: Stay where you are, evac team is on the way."
Gale: "We'll handle it."
Knight: "We will?"

"Port engine is chocking smoke too. Were losing altitude. Jet keep em off us!"

"What do you think im trying to do!" I say firing bursts down at the dock as the pilot struggles to keep the hell airborne as more RPG's fly towards us and miss us barely.

3214155 Storm: "Land on top of the nearest building, we'll get to you ASAP."

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 178