The New Lunar Republic Air Force 187 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 39 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 39
NightmareDash
Group Contributor

Alright, let's all just sit down and figure out what we want to do. We can reset back to whenever we want to, get new characters, whatever, but we can work out what to do together and go from there.

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

Chiefly, I have to ask: what do you guys actually want?

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3250478 3250599 Good first question for everyone, and a nice place to start; name the one thing you want from RPing in this group. Speaking personally, I really want plenty of action involving modern-era military technology (maybe pushing a bit into future-era) and air power. As far as story goes, I don't really have too many preferences, just keep it realistic and believable.

3250641 A decent story, hell I still liked making myself an enemy before that went south. Also personally I just don't like it when something happens and it just moves out of control. Finally keep the RP on 1 thread or it gets confusing hell you can just list location as it switches without making new threads.

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

I wanted a lot more story development. I had a sort of plan, but the biggest problem is that I no nothing about your characters. So, explain to me your backstories. If you give me something to work with, then i'll do my best to work it in.

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3250660 Thing there is that eventually that one thread gets hundreds of pages, and starts creating lag, so Knighty sees it (he hates RPers, as does the rest of the administration) and deletes us all wholesale. Besides, breaking it up makes it easier to go back and look at what's already happened.

3250664 This group has a character profiles page that should help you. I know I'll definitely need to update mine depending on how this turns out.

3250676 I'll update my character on it the one I used in the closed RP

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

3250676 Thing is, it still needs to do better. At the very least, we need summaries at the start of each new thread.

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

I'm goinng to agree. Except I want to be able to have missions planned out ahead if time. So we know exactly where to be and when. As well as to follow the story set out. Try not to put others OC's in a deadly situation and such.

3250926 Plan the premise of them like the goal, major events ect but don't over do it.

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor
NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3250690 So do you mean everyone summarizes what's new/changed with their OC at the beginning of each thread?
3250933 3251185 Can we agree that more or less everyone should try to stick to one or two OCs, to really flesh them out and avoid confusion? Then we put a lot more emphasis on keeping those OCs alive (as in no more of what happened to Skyr with the burning building).

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

(Sort of. At the beginning of each new thread, there needs to be a quick recap of what happened last time and where everyone is so we can pick back up easily.)

I'm more wondering if we should just end the RPing here. After all seeing as we only have about four playable characters, not counting the NPC's I have to play, it seems too centralized which is good to pool of future fanficiton but not so much for RP. I really don't want to. We have over 300 PEOPLE in the NLR. And only twenty are here. And four give a fuck about it. This is a proplem i'm not sure is easy to overcome without EXTREME monotony in the RP.

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

I honestly have no idea.

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

Yeah. You've got a point. Really. A lot of people join and then just forget about it. If anything I'm gonna be on the ragnarok after gathering a bunch of peeps. Just forget about the NLR and SE all together and just hold to the ragnarok fighters, against the LoD who took equestria. I have someone called epsilon delta on it. (Who has some of those adorable pink manned batponies XP )

3253845 I don't think following your ship that is brought in to kill me is not right. If we were to RP,I'd have to wipe the whole group clean of the threads and start over completely. I don't under stand how just mindlessly following orders made everyone content instead of having a compelling story that could have been. Yes complicated but that could have been fixed.

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

Yeah good point. I actually thunk that the best way to fix this would be what you just stated. A complete restart. If we were to go with this should I contact tach?

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

It's been this way with prior rp groups I''ve been in. Most of the time a restart is needed to keep the line. But at times we work with the chaos skim out the story and go.

3254978 But when everyone an their ansesstors have weapons that can vaporize Canterlot and every unicorn from here to Manehatten without losing a single percent of power is too much. So I might have a full weekend of getting rid of every thread on this group that didn't have to do with regular starting stuff like character logs and essential things needed to inform me of your OC will have to stay but other than that, everything would have to die.

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

Anything befor the navy is fine. After that. It crashed and burned. Also the rankinng should be the same as irl so how well your OC does in missions and listens to the high ups. Kinda add a skill and leveling kinda.

Also the whole United equestria thing. I kept thinking. "Mabey there would be a way to put skyfall wth nexus and fight for unity." But I could never find a point to do it. When we rewind, any chance you could fit skyfall into the mix?

3255432 I may or may not get banned for an undisclosed amount of time so be ready

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

Ok but what the heck happened?

3255440 RPing is still banned we just weren't caught so for now i have to take responsibility for bad info.

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

I wouldn't feel right letting you take all the blame. So I stand with you.

I'll see what I can do for a new location for the NLR.We can just hang on to what we have for now. As soon as I can get us a new location I''ll post it on ragnarok. For now it's a safe group where we can reside and plan for the future of the NLR. I'll link it.

3255468 Don't. RP here was dead anyways. We can still come here to talk of episodes and the movie. So the group will not be dead.

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

This is just for people who wants to continue rping in the future. Personally I am not ready to give up. And like I said. I stand with you for the possible ban.

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

It's not that I worry about the group dieing. It's the spirit of the group we will loose. I know you know this as well. It just won't be the same.

3252305 It was never the same. The second a mass amount of influence came, it all went away. We became obsessed with being the hero. No one in war is a true hero. If you fight for the reasons of glory and recognition as the one that brought down someone, then you don't know the purpose of fighting for what you believe in. The Republic (as the idea in all of our head cannons is) is a nation, born of those that wish to estate democracy upon a monarchy; not bring down one who's goal is to compromise and delegate. We were born of the passion and fire to create a new world from the imagination of a brilliant woman with vision and talent. To show we were not content with the rule and our willingness to show it. We instead plot against your fellow man(or in this case pony) with weapons of power that no one should hold. What happened to us? We were once great tacticians without limits! Only to be reduced to petty jealousy and violence. We are not a war tribe, we are the New Lunar Republic, Pride of a Nation, a single voice among thousands in an ever growing population of creators, and fans alike. Will you stand by and watch as this falls apart and brings us harm and divinity rather than unity and light under Luna? Or will you show that you are not prone to your jealousy, to your hatred, to your anger; and stand as one? We are the NLR; neigh: WE ARE BRONIES! United we stand, together we thrive!
Nexus: Where did that soap box come from?
Me: *looks down to see my chair is now on a soap box. I have no idea.

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3255444 I'm not sure they officially "banned" it, Knighty was just troubleshooting the really big groups. We keep things relatively low-key, stay off the radar, we won't have a problem.

3255538 But Lolk got banned on another group, The Underground for RPing. So i'm taking his punishment for giving him bad advice. It's a 24 hour ban but still not right seeing as it isn't entirely his fault.

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3255541 Wow. Hope they don't trace him back to us.

3255551 they'll be more likely to trace me to you. But it's my fault any other banns are to be put on me not Lolk.

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3255552 I regret nothing!

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

Nice little shout back to Skype XD. But yeah your right. We go we listen to our commanders annd we fight for the glory of Luna. To fight of or the night! We are the nlr! We just let discord fall into our minds. Nor do I regret Rping!

3255538 That's what I did but they found us and they are zelots when it comes to RPs an this is the best site for RPs as it allowed any non equestrian character to be used most do not have this

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 39