The All-American Girl Saga 236 members · 17 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

In the story, Shin has created the hda, a super bigoted group made from the KKK,Nazis,and other hate groups. How much of an impact will they have in the story?

(While I think it's an interesting idea, I don't think it's realistic.)

Eh, nothing unites people like a common enemy, especially stupid people.

As for their impact on the story, one major player at the UN is suspected to be a member, and in the current side story, we have them trying to kill Sterling using 'Preacher-iron' bullets which are apparently super-lethal to magical species, including alicorns, and there's a worry that the changelings and/or their allies could get a hold of them by infiltrating the group. So even if the group itself doesn't play a large role, their actions could end up having a large impact on the story.

After last weekend in America I fully disagree. People will just hate something just becuase. Hell it wouldn't surprise me if this will happen if we ever make a public first contact, if the governments of the world didn't tell the aliens to leave first. We aren't ready yet and as long as we cannot have civil discussions with out extremists on both sides causing issues.

Hmmm. Turned on a TV since last Friday?

Shinzakura
Group Admin

I presume he means that he finds it a stretch of the imagination to see the KKK unified in an alliance with the Black Panthers, ISIS, etc.

But here's the thing. It's true (maybe.)
In 1974, a journalist reportedly asked the KKK's Grand Wizard David Duke what it it would take to accept the black man. Duke was quoted as saying, "Only if aliens invaded." It was said that a year later, Elbert Howard of the Black Panther Party overhead that and replied, "He's right - it'd be the only way we would work with them, too."

And of course, there's 6068454's comment that nothing unites stupid people like a common enemy. That's all too true as well.

Yeah that's what I meant.

And they really said that? Wow.

Didn't we see in this universe something about the KKK having opened up to all humans, to combat the common threat?

Shinzakura
Group Admin

Yeah, that would be the HDA. The KKK was the founding organization.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8