The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Tidal
Group Admin

TIDALBUSCUS

I so just ripped off Tobuscus

So this is my first video review, If you guys think I need to improve at all let me know! I realize its a little too long... I'll work on shortening it in the future as well

^Lol that thumbnail (The sound quality isn't too great, I will fix this in my next vid review if I do one!)

Written Portion:

FEELS METER
While I did not cry, it was sad. Reading about Rainbow's past life from this stallion does make you feel kinda :fluttercry: She went through a lot... and it was well done. I thoroughly enjoyed it. 5 out of 10

MOOD
So the mood of this story is successfully sad. With a dash of tragedy. (GET IT?? DASH?!!?!?? :rainbowlaugh:) But it is a good sad story.
It is a story written in a letter format. A stallion writes to Rainbow and touches on their past and memories. It goes from in the very beginning, where the stallion meets RD for the first time, to him seeing her one last time. There was a few things I think the author can improve on and I'll touch on that in the tips section! :twilightsmile:

GRAMMAR
So the grammar was almost flawless! almost :pinkiecrazy:
I noticed one thing that needed fixing!

Then suddenly I was free.
And totally alone.
Nopony knew where you were. I had a minimal education and nopony to turn to. Life looked bleak.
And I died- a hollow shell of what had once been so full of life.

Starting a sentence with and isn't really correct... I understand since this is in letter form, so you kinda can do whatever you want... but I'll still consider this the only grammatical error I found! So I deem this story with an A! :pinkiehappy:

STYLE
So the letter was written incredibly well. I love the authors style of writing, very deep!

We noticed your punishment was harsher that night. Scarlet blood painted the walls as the whip lashed you over and over.
They'd never used a whip before.
This time you did cry out, a wail of agony, as the devil tongue scorched your tender skin. It's something a filly of your age never should have gone through.
The next day was worse,
You...you were picked.

Its like I'm reading a poem! It was well done... I enjoyed reading about Rainbow from somepony else's eyes, but as I said I have a couple of suggestions if I may :twilightblush:

TIPS
In the story he sees RD, and the other mane characters in a bar... a pony comes up to Rainbow and touches her inappropriately... she of course naturally gets upset and gets in this stallions face. Then he punches her... I felt this was a little too quick of a reaction from the stallion. If they had fought more with some arguing and maybe some pushing... then the punch would've been more justified. Then Rainbow exploded with rage and beat the crap out of him. Again I feel like this would've been justified better if elongated....
Also I feel like the story could've been so much more emotional if we got a small section from Rainbow after she read the letter... Could've gotten her opinion to the situation and maybe see if she decided to find this pony or not... Otherwise it was good.
My other minor tips were touched on in the video :pinkiesmile:

HIGH-HOOF
I thoroughly enjoyed the writing, I urge Ninjadash to continue writing because I think with their style they can have some truly amazing stories!
I also loved how you tied in Fluttershy! Such a cool way to introduce her into RD's life!

I ENJOYED IT and gave it an upvote :twilightsmile:
Recommended for those who enjoy an original and creative backstory to Rainbow and those who enjoy great writing!

I'll work more on improving video reviews down the road! This is Tidal and...

You're a ginger?!

Hides in a corner from the soulless person.

Did you know that Ireland was left alone during WWI due to other nations being scared of them because they were ginger? They thought they were possessed by demons and were a force not to be reckoned with.

Tidal
Group Admin

2741446 lol!!! This is the best thing I've ever seen!! Yes I am a ginger...a Puerto Rican ginger...(rare... Like a shiny Pokemon) Now that you know the truth you must fear me! :pinkiecrazy:

Comment posted by Cromegas_Flare deleted Feb 1st, 2014

2741473 I never run away from a shiny!

"GO FLAREON!"

Tidal
Group Admin

2741505 I send my red haired awesomeness to defeat Flareon!

2741533 Flareon uses water gun!

...Wait, what?

Water gun is a special attack. Flareon's a physical attacker.

:twistnerd:

Tidal
Group Admin

2741838 haha! The pokebattle has been doubled!

2741838 *Takes flareon disguise off of the pokemon* Goldeen?! :flutterrage: THAT'S LIKE THE WORST POKEMON! Trying to disguise yourself as best pokemon, eh? :twilightangry2: *Throws it into a volcano*

Tidal
Group Admin

2741856 I think goldeen is perfectly fine! :flutterrage:

PLEASE, MAGIKARP BEATS ALL!

Tidal
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12