The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
NorrisThePony
Group Contributor

yo this review is finna woke

Thank you very much. This review was wonderful, the suggestions are sound, and it's pretty much inspired me to rework this Fic. A lot of my fan are saying this Fic needs no changes, but I'm starting to get a new idea brewing in my head. I might copy the current story into a new "story", keeping the older Fic for those who enjoyed that one, then rewriting the original story chapter-by-chapter, formatting it into this new "Arc" idea (I really like that concept...) and expanding the space between events.

That's going to be a long process...

Thank you for giving my Fic so much attention. This review didn't feel crushing; it was vitalizing. It's given me a bit of drive in a direction I hadn't expected... :raritydespair: Oh Gods, I have so much work to do!

Is it bad that I had to look up what 'finna woke' was? :rainbowlaugh: Me and slang don't really mesh...

NorrisThePony
Group Contributor

Haha, if it's any consolation the phrase exists more to be a tongue-in-cheek parody of modern slang than to actually have any meaning.

Glad you liked the review! I think tackling this story as one of my first longfics to review was a challenge in a half. I think I wrote 6,000 words total just trying to put what I thought down on paper. Good experience for both of us. Thank you for submitting!

I'm just happy you enjoyed it. It's going to be tricky, channeling Vinyl again after all these years. I think the trick I used last time was I got hopped up on caffeine and sugar and wrote non-stop, then edited out the bits I wanted. :rainbowlaugh: Vinyl will probably be the biggest challenge.

Also, don't hesitate to private message me for other details about the fic, and for any editing help (although I might not be able to get to it right away due to editing for a lot of people already).

I'll keep that in mind. :twilightsmile: I'm normally a fairly good editor when it comes to spelling and grammar (I had no editor for the last half of the Fic, for instance) but I wouldn't mind some help picking out dry writing... Which might be even harder to edit, now that I consider it. :twilightsheepish:

That is some consolation. :derpytongue2:

Muggonny
Group Admin

Dope review. You were upfront and very detailed about every issue you had. I definitely learned something from this.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9