The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Rinnaul
Group Admin

He lingers there, in the depths of small-horse fanfiction. Just in case I ever begin to enjoy myself too much. Biding his time until I return, once again, to seek happiness in tales of tiny equines. Then he steps forth from the shadows with his abominations against word and humor; bearing dancing princesses, amorous tortoises, and Hubert.

My nemesis, and the ruiner of all things.

Quick Recommendation: This is only the second most shameful thing I’ve read today, so there’s that.

Commentary + Review

I’ve been gone for about three months. Eventually, the depression sinks in and combines with the ceaseless drudgery of life and general feelings of futility, and I just can’t bring myself to do anything.

Then I came back here and read a story about poop.

That was not this story, but it was the one that made this only the second worst thing I’ve read since my return.

Also I read the latest chapter of this one Naruto crossover I follow, but ignore that.

And… See, I was going to take this whole “Star Destroyer ruins everything” tone the whole time like usual, but honestly, this one isn’t as bad as the others. So let’s throw some eye candy up here to give us a clean break and we’ll just launch into a brief but proper review.

Relevant enough.
(derpibooru)

So, this is a story about Princess Cadance stepping on unhoused (remember — just because they don’t have a roof over their heads doesn’t mean they don’t have a home) ponies, and possibly a reindeer. The characters weren’t sure if he had antlers or just a hideous growth on his face.

Oh yeah. I’d throw a “Spoilers” tag out there, but really, this story is exactly what it says on the tin.

I would say that there were some parts, like Rarity and Applejack’s political dispute, that seemed pointless — well, more pointless — and got away from the actual funny parts. But then sometimes those parts seemed to be the actual funny parts. Except for Fluttershy. She contributed nothing.

There were no spelling/grammar or other mechanical mistakes to point out, which is as I’d expect from Star Destroyer. All in all, a pretty typical work from him.

Which… honestly is kinda the problem. Star is funny, mechanically solid, and a good trollfic/random comedy author, but this one doesn’t really stand out. It’s not as funny as Tank, Leg Humper or as shameful as Three AM at the Waffle House. It just kinda is.

Verdict

It was funny, but not as funny as others. It was shameful, but not as shameful as it could have been. I guess it’s just

Enjoyable.

But at least it’s not Hubert.

fucking Hubert

And Now… Your Moment Of Zen

Have I used this before? Probably, but I mean, I'm reviewing for Star Destroyer.

6200887 Poop, huh? I'll bet that I can write you a poop fic if that's what gets your motor running.

In fact, I'll bet Hubert's spindly, T-rex-like arms don't reach all the way back there. He's got one of those butt-scrubbing wands, which in Equestria might be mistaken for an actual magical wand of some variety. Shenanigans ensure and/or Spike eats it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2