The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
FamousLastWords
Group Admin

A Very Clucky Nightmare Night by The Wandering Commenter

What’s going on, everyone!

I’m back with another review, this time for a short and simple ScootaDash cutesly fic. But, will it stand up to my harsh and cold reviewing eye? Let’s find out!

Plot

The idea here was very simple. Rainbow and Scootaloo spend Nightmare Night together dressed in matching chicken costumes. It doesn’t do anything over the top, just cute, friendly, family stuffs. It’s not complex, not over the top; just kinda cutesy sister stuff.

That being said, it did what it wanted to do, but not much else.

Grade: B

Characterization

There’s not much to say here given the little sample size the fic gave us, but the characters were done well enough. The only complaint I have is that Rainbow seems almost to soft and caring at some points. Given her brash nature in the show, it threw me off a bit. Nothing major though.

Grade: B+

Grammar and Spelling

I didn’t notice too many glaring mistakes here. There were some strange formatting choices, like random double spaced lines and so on, but nothing critical or story breaking. I can tell the author took care to put this story out in good shape.

Grade: A

Final Thoughts

There’s nothing too special about this story. It’s cute and sweet, but nothing that’ll go down in history. If you want to read something cute and short, I’d recommend it, but I wouldn’t got out of my way to read it again.

Overall Grade: Recommended

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

I think I may read this one.

Thank you so much for reviewing my story.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed it and I am excited to see that you recommended it!

Again, thank you so much!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3