The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Rinnaul
Group Admin

You ever look at a story and just know, right there, it’s going to be a pile of incomprehensible randomness? Yeah, this is one of those.

Commentary and Review combined due to brevity.

Commentary + Review

So, um, Celestia, Discord, and Sombra are sitting around Twilight’s house and reminding her repeatedly that she’s going to fail. Also Twilight’s stomach is spaghetti.

There’s really not much more I can summarize here.

See, it’s like a Monty Python sketch, in a way. I’m thinking of the “Spam” sketch in particular, where the gag is just that they can’t possibly carry the gag on for that long. And then they do. And then they carry it on even longer.

But that isn’t all of it, because the story isn’t long at all. It only barely qualifies for FIMFiction’s minimum length. But as we all know…

Anyway, the rest of the joke is a combination of how bizarre the descriptions are, as well as the actions of the characters. I mean, you can figure out what all of it means. It’s coherent that way. But “her stomach was spaghetti”. Really. It’s somehow perfectly clear yet entirely nonsensical. It’s random at its randomest.

There are a few lines that stand out as funny on their own.

”Rainbow leaned over the edge of the sofa and quietly kissed her cheek as well, though her kiss was a little more lesbian-y than Celestia's.”

I mean, even though it’s just a “Dash is gay” joke (or a TwiDash shipping gag), that’s pretty solid.

And then Twilight failed to reach the bathroom in time.

Happy end!

And no grammatical errors that I can spot, really.

Tips

I’ve got nothing. This story set out to be total randomness, and it pulled that off with flying colors.

Verdict

This is actually really hard to score. I mean, I didn’t really care for it because it’s not my style of humor, and this sort of random fic doesn’t really take much effort on the author’s part. It doesn’t bring anything new, and doesn’t take any risks. It’s just there, being random. So with that in mind, I declare this...

Spaghetti.

Or “Enjoyable” since Flare’s probably going to be a butt about this and want a real score for some reason.

Comment posted by Waterpear deleted Jul 11th, 2014
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1