Quorum of Canon 17 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

So Talon finished the two chapters for the Everypony's Day compilation (been a while since we had an update :pinkiehappy: there!).

Mounty Max's Day
and
Fragrant Posey

I had a few nitpicks to fix in the Posey chapter, but on the whole I thought they were phenomenal! I was brought to tears by the moments in the Max story! They were really great.

Kinda makes my own Everypony's Day chapters feel a bit lacking :twilightblush: I hope it inspires a few more of those. Maybe we could add a few ideas that were floated about for other ponies chapter in the Wish List?

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

I'm in favor of canonization.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Also in favor, and eagerly looking forward to where Max and Fragrant's combined story might go.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

Well then, that was fast. Locked!

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Sorry to unlock this, but technically I hadn't given an explicit opinion yet and it hadn't even been a full day either. Not that I have any real intent to dissent here; I actually quite enjoyed the fics over all. Well, at least Max's; still need to read Posey's in full.

I do actually have one moderate concern though. I'm fine with adding goats to our list of sentient races, especially since I think they mostly work well as presented her. However, the fic also mentions sheep on at least three occasions, and that bothers me a bit more. Despite ostensibly being able to talk, AJ clearly treated the ones on her farm like livestock, and also the more colorful crystal ewes were even more explicitly ANIMALS being used for a petting zoo. So seeing as the sheep play no meaningful role in Max's Day I think it would be better to delete them for now or replace them with donkeys or such if keeping diversity is important.

Now I know we technically have Grogarin L!canon, but well, I rather consider him the exception over the rule. Plus, despite being called a ram, his character model has always looked more like a goat to me, especially the G4 reimagining done by most fans and indeed used on the cover of RDDs fic.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Oh, and I finished the Posey, half, no real concerns or complaints there. If anything I like it a lot more for being so much more positively focused, even in the face of Posey herself being far more aware than Max just how hopeless the situation might actually be.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6